Some nice Glamour shots of the '19 in this article

My Cx5 has none of the issues Im poking at, and its the people and their shameless bootlicking of Mazdas mission drift, not the car.

My CX-5 is more than adequate for what I bought it for. If I wanted a fast 0-60 or something handles like its on rails....this most certainly isnt what I would have gotten. It makes little sense to me to spend thousands of dollars upgrading and tuning a Mazda CUV when there are vehicles out there built for what people here are aiming for in a Mazda.

My CX-5 is more than adequate for what I bought it for. If I wanted a fast 0-60 or something handles like it*s on rails....this most certainly isn*t what I would have gotten. It makes little sense to me to spend thousands of dollars upgrading and tuning a Mazda CUV when there are vehicles out there built for what people here are aiming for in a Mazda.

Is it the people aiming for that, or is that what Mazda said it was aiming towards? Hmm...

Please...for a low 30k vehicle you*re expecting BMW M40i or Macan type performance?

Low 30*s, lmao. We*re closer to 40 now, boss. And, nope, I*m not, and never said I was, however, those cars in the 40s they*re trying to steal customers away from are making it happen with the same power, or even less...

M40i and Macan, and you wanna act like some of us are being unrealistic. If I wanted that, I*d buy it, you*re far from the only person here that can afford it...

Low 30*s, lmao. We*re closer to 40 now, boss. And, nope, I*m not, and never said I was, however, those cars in the 40s they*re trying to steal customers away from are making it happen with the same power, or even less...

M40i and Macan, and you wanna act like some of us are being unrealistic. If I wanted that, I*d buy it, you*re far from the only person here that can afford it...

I think you misunderstand my assertion. Im not so presumptuous or condescending as to think or consider what people can or cant afford in a forum.

I think you misunderstand my assertion. I*m not so presumptuous or condescending as to think or consider what people can or can*t afford in a forum.

I didn*t misunderstand anything. I*m good. Enjoy your CX-5. Mine has treated me quite well to date also, and I*ve had zero issues so far. It*s just not enough to be a repeat customer at this time, though. All good...

Next he'll go after disposable income or something.

I*m not married either, so there*s all 3 of us covered...lol

sounds like you two are the perfect married couple. yes most of us don't like where mazda is headed I myself don't, my 17 is most likely my last mazda for various reasons or maybe ill change my mind. if I wanted a performance car with "real wood" interior, a fast 0-60 I would be driving one, not here talking ish about a car / brand I drive. that's being a hypocrite . and that's great that both of you have enjoy your cx5. hopefully you find yourself a better upgrade per your wallet size so you wont have to be here arguing with people who like what they drive and paid money for.

sounds like you two are the perfect married couple. yes most of us don't like where mazda is headed I myself don't, my 17 is most likely my last mazda for various reasons or maybe ill change my mind. if I wanted a performance car with "real wood" interior, a fast 0-60 I would be driving one, not here talking ish about a car / brand I drive. that's being a hypocrite . and that's great that both of you have enjoy your cx5. hopefully you find yourself a better upgrade per your wallet size so you wont have to be here arguing with people who like what they drive and paid money for.
I would never fault anyone for what they like, and I'm still not.

Im not looking for an upgrade. I will be driving my 2014 for many many more years. Just hoping when the time comes there is a cx-5 that appeals to me like mine has. I love my CX-5.

Anyway, there absolutely HAS been a shift on this forum if you've been active for the last few years its been more obvious, and it is just funny to see people praise the same s*** the forum s*** on a couple years ago.

Last edited:

My CX5 gets the job that I bought it for done just fine. What I am talking "ish" about are the people who have bootlicked right along with Mazda's mission creep.

I would never fault anyone for what they like, and I'm still not.

Im not looking for an upgrade. I will be driving my 2014 for many many more years. Just hoping when the time comes there is a cx-5 that appeals to me.

Anyway, there absolutely HAS been a shift on this forum if you've been active for the last few years its been more obvious, and it is just funny to see people praise the same s*** the forum s*** on a couple years ago.

My CX5 gets the job that I bought it for done just fine. What I am talking "ish" about are the people who have bootlicked right along with Mazda's mission creep.

Thirded. Lol

For those complaining about the interior of the Mazda Signature series, have any of you sat on a Mazda 6 signature or even a CX-9 signature?

Last edited:

Its not mission creep, Mazda made a deliberate business decision to convert to an entry luxury brand. Turns out a lot of people like fanciful cars and couldnt care less about any numbers besides MPG and price. Maybe go find a mazdaspeed forum to wax nostalgic?

BMW has something similar too for ambient lighting...want to definitely this in person.

My had red-lit switches and gauges. To pay homage I just installed Red LED interior lighting in my current Mazda6. Its actually easier on your eyes at night.

Don't want to open a new thread for this question. For the current generation, can one fold the back seats down and sleep laying flat (at an angle from corner to corner) for camping, etc? Assuming the person is 5'10" or under.

Don't want to open a new thread for this question. For the current generation, can one fold the back seats down and sleep laying flat (at an angle from corner to corner) for camping, etc? Assuming the person is 5'10" or under.

I wouldnt want to. Get a 3rd row vehicle or a taco with camper cover.

Yes, you can but it will be tight. I think the total area is only about 70 inches in total length. Would be much more comfortable in a CR-V or CX-9.

I have slept in the back of my Gen 1, camping before. Of note, the seats don't go all the way flat, so it was not the most comfortable affair. I am 6', and felt like I was cramped.

It worked in a pinch, but I wouldn't care to do it again.

Last edited:
I have slept in the back of my Gen 1, camping before. Of note, the seats don't go all the way flat, so it was not the most comfortable affair. I am 6', and felt like I was cramped.

It worked in a pinch, but I wouldn't care to do it again.

The seats in the latest generation of CX-5 go much flatter than the 1st generation. In addition, the back area is better carpeted as well and should aid in comfort. I have slept in the back on mini-vans and honestly, unless it is raining, it is more comfortable to sleep on the ground!

Back