LED recommendations Brand and Kit?

Is there a thread somewhere on LED headlight upgrades?
Rather than buying various brands of LED headlights has someone already determined which brand is a good match? I am wanting ones to replace all the headlights. Is this simply plug and play or is there conversion "Stuff" that is needed? My old F250 was simple plug and play.
What brand has a good beam cutoff?
Please point me to relevant threads. Perhaps the I am rusty on the search, tips for searching?

Rats, good catch I will update my sig. It is a 14 Grand Touring. I am trying to figure out what will produce the most downrange light. Beam cutoff is key as you do not want to blind oncoming drivers. What good are bright lights if the oncoming driver is blinded and in your lane?
As I said my USA trucks were just plugh the bulb in., Lots of mention of conversion kits and such but not sure if I can just pick a quality bulb to install of if I need some do dads to make it work right.

Rats, good catch I will update my sig. It is a 14 Grand Touring. I am trying to figure out what will produce the most downrange light. Beam cutoff is key as you do not want to blind oncoming drivers. What good are bright lights if the oncoming driver is blinded and in your lane?
As I said my USA trucks were just plugh the bulb in., Lots of mention of conversion kits and such but not sure if I can just pick a quality bulb to install of if I need some do dads to make it work right.

Haven't heard of anyone replacing their HIDS (I'm assuming you hoods since you have a gt) with LEDs. I think you can find d4s (cx5 hid bulb type) to d2s LED bulbs. You could always just get some new HQ hids, after 5 years your light intensity is probably reduced

Perhaps (no wait,ummh yes, no) I am confused. I have not ACTUALLY pulled my bulbs out but do I have HID's in a 2014 Grand Touring? I thought I just had a standard 9035 and H11 halogen bulb? If I do have HID then what is a good replacement option for them that would give a little brighter light, more downrange and good beam cutoff? Am I giving something up by going to a LED IF I do have HID?

EDIT: Oops. This is a kit for retrofitting from stock halogen lights to LED.
I put LED headlights in my MSP and damn they're bright. Maybe not the brightest high beams on Earth, but definitely an upgrade from stock and the lows are on par with HIDs. I did a little research and ended up buying Beamtech lights. They seem to have the best bang for the buck as far as brightness, cutoff and price goes.

So if you don't want to retrofit stock LEDs in there, here's one cheap option. They definitely worked for me.

https://www.bonanza.com/listings/BE...1xQkr3uwHU3g2AUzNV7-dnre8nWFLnxhoCtC8QAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Back