About to buy a new CX-5 GT with PP and wanted to say hi

Stevespim

:
Mazda CX-5 GT w/ Premium Pack
Hi folks

I pick up my new 2018 Soul Red CX-5 GT with Premium Pack tomorrow. I waited until the 2019s were announced, then got a great deal on a 2018 loaded model. I'm trading up from a Honda Civic EX.

This will be my first Mazda. It's an odd journey to here because I hadn't even considered one until recently. My wife bought a loaded BMW X1 in December last year and after nearly a year of driving it, I was smitten by how good it was, especially with the HUD option she has. So I spent some time doing my due diligence research on BMW X1/X2/X3 models.

However, during the course of this research, a BMW technician I found online on reddit told me not to get one of those but to look at Mazda instead as the CX-5 GT with Premium Pack had more options than a fully loaded BMW X1/X2/X3, with lower running costs, lower overall cost to own, more reliability and an equally premium feel to it. Intrigued, I started looking at Mazda dealers and the Soul Red CX-5 just took my breath away. It's one of the best looking SUVs in one of the best looking colors I think i've ever seen, especially under the SoCal sunshine here. He was right about the options, the CX-5 is fully loaded and has options that my wife's $10k more expensive BMW doesn't even have, like adaptive cruise control, heated rear seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, a configurable HUD and so on.

I do feel like a 5 year old at Christmas right now. I've spent the evening devouring all the information I can find online, from anything I can get from the owner's manual, to YouTube videos telling me how to configure the various car settings and so on.

I can't wait to pick it up.

I'm looking forward to reading up on everything about the car on this forum and just wanted to say hello really.

Last edited:
Hi folks

I pick up my new 2018 Soul Red CX-5 GT with Premium Pack tomorrow. I waited until the 2019s were announced, then got a great deal on a 2018 loaded model. I'm trading up from a Honda Civic EX.

This will be my first Mazda. It's an odd journey to here because I hadn't even considered one until recently. My wife bought a loaded BMW X1 in December last year and after nearly a year of driving it, I was smitten by how good it was, especially with the HUD option she has. So I spent some time doing my due diligence research on BMW X1/X2/X3 models.

However, during the course of this research, a BMW technician I found online on reddit told me not to get one of those but to look at Mazda instead as the CX-5 GT with Premium Pack had more options than a fully loaded BMW X1/X2/X3, with lower running costs, lower overall cost to own, more reliability and an equally premium feel to it. Intrigued, I started looking at Mazda dealers and the Soul Red CX-5 just took my breath away. It's one of the best looking SUVs in one of the best looking colors I think i've ever seen, especially under the SoCal sunshine here. He was right about the options, the CX-5 is fully loaded and has options that my wife's $10k more expensive BMW doesn't even have, like adaptive cruise control, heated rear seats, Blind Spot Monitoring, a configurable HUD and so on.

I do feel like a 5 year old at Christmas right now. I've spent the evening devouring all the information I can find online, from anything I can get from the owner's manual, to YouTube videos telling me how to configure the various car settings and so on.

I can't wait to pick it up.

I'm looking forward to reading up on everything about the car on this forum and just wanted to say hello really.

Welcome aboard!

Interesting to hear how you got here... Maybe might have to go back and have a talk with that BMW technician, and buy him some schnitzel! (stash)

Welcome to the club!

It's nice to read that a new owner has actually read the owner's manual! You'd be surprised at how many do not.

5 Years in my CX5 touring and at 46,000 miles. It seems better than when new. A happy person here. Ed

Congrats! I have had mine [2018 w/pp] for 8 months and already driven 9k miles. It's been a very good experience and I hope you will enjoy many good drives yourself. Cheers!

congrats!
I myself drive an X3 and am (impatiently) waiting for the arrival of the 2019's to hit the lots so I can pick up a GT-R or maybe a Signature (if I can tolerate that color leather)

Congratulations and welcome.

As a former BMW owner, I appreciate your recognition of the value offered by the CX-5 GT premium.
Mine is a '17 and I'm more than satisfied with its performance, features, and reliability.

Welcome aboard. Mazda is definitely going up market. Youll love how it drives and your wallet will love you even more. Im also a former bmw owner. Glad you got a great deal. Just dont be jealous if you start seeing options on the new signature edition that you want ;) ( ahem vented seats) Im actually waiting for the 2019 because I want every available luxury Mazda has to offer. The only unchecked box is a panoramic roof. But Im more than confident that their next gen models will offer this.

So i've had the car for a little under a week now and holy crap this is an epic car.

My wife now wants to trade in her loaded BMW X1 to get a CX-5 GT with Premium Pack. She loves it!

I did however end up with crossed wires with the dealer. I was looking at a Soul Red car and ended up getting a Deep Crystal Blue one as the payments per month were lower (and the blue was my second choice anyway), and the Soul Red they had didn't have the Premium Pack.

It was a bit of a compromise but not one that I am concerned with. Overall, this is a seriously good car and i'm proud and pleased to be in the Mazda family.

So i've had the car for a little under a week now and holy crap this is an epic car.

My wife now wants to trade in her loaded BMW X1 to get a CX-5 GT with Premium Pack. She loves it!

I did however end up with crossed wires with the dealer. I was looking at a Soul Red car and ended up getting a Deep Crystal Blue one as the payments per month were lower (and the blue was my second choice anyway), and the Soul Red they had didn't have the Premium Pack.

It was a bit of a compromise but not one that I am concerned with. Overall, this is a seriously good car and i'm proud and pleased to be in the Mazda family.

Already have the X1.....why trading it in? Higher costs?

Already have the X1.....why trading it in? Higher costs?

She won't trade it in as it's not even a year old. She's just mock jealous of the amount of options I have on the CX-5 compared to her BMW. :)

Hers is pretty loaded but it's missing some things that the CX-5 has got, like Blind Spot Monitor, Adaptive Cruise, auto-dimming headlights and so on. When she got her BMW, she really wanted the adaptive cruise option but the one she got was such a great deal.

Welcome aboard.
You won't be disappointed with CX5, best selling model of Mazda.
I owned a '98 540iA before.
A nightmare if you own it for several years.
BMW= Bring/Break My Wallet

She won't trade it in as it's not even a year old. She's just mock jealous of the amount of options I have on the CX-5 compared to her BMW. :)

Hers is pretty loaded but it's missing some things that the CX-5 has got, like Blind Spot Monitor, Adaptive Cruise, auto-dimming headlights and so on. When she got her BMW, she really wanted the adaptive cruise option but the one she got was such a great deal.

Oh yes indeed. You have to pay to play with toys. In the case for German cars...you have to pay a bit more. BSM ftw!!

Oh yes indeed. You have to pay to play with toys. In the case for German cars...you have to pay a bit more. BSM ftw!!

Oh for sure. She's already been tucked up with an AirCon issue costing her money outside the BMW maintenance plan, for which she isn't happy at all.

Back