Help!! None of my lights on the back of my car work at night!!

:
2018 Mazda CX-9 GT
Just got this car 3 months ago, 2018 CX-9 Grand Touring. I did swap the license plate bulb and that was it. On my way home tonight i got pulled over by the cops and they told me none of my lights on the back end of my vehicle work, but the break light does work.

Fuses don't just fail. Fuses blow to protect the wiring from overheating when there is a fault in the wiring. You need to find the defect and fix that, then drive happily with good wiring and a new fuse.

Just got this car 3 months ago, 2018 CX-9 Grand Touring. I did swap the license plate bulb and that was it. On my way home tonight i got pulled over by the cops and they told me none of my lights on the back end of my vehicle work, but the break light does work.

You mention swapping bulb, are you saying that you swapped out the incandescent license plate bulb for LED?

Dang it ok. Any idea what tail light bulb will work and won't blow the fuse

You said license light previously, now are mentioning the tail lights, what bulbs were replaced and exchanged by you? (scratch)

If it were me, I would put the original bulbs back in that you took out, and see if that fixes your problem.

Hopefully you just blew a fuse and not the Body Control Module. (gossip)

You said license light previously, now are mentioning the tail lights, what bulbs were replaced and exchanged by you? (scratch)

If it were me, I would put the original bulbs back in that you took out, and see if that fixes your problem.

Hopefully you just blew a fuse and not the Body Control Module. (gossip)

sorry I mean license plate bulb not the tail lights, having a pretty bad case of the flu over here so no fun at all this whole weekend lol

Fixed it, replaced both license plate bulbs with new Philips LEDs and all the lights in the back end of my car work again at night.

Back