Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remote Start Options / Recommendations / Things to consider?

Mazda 6

My 6 won't pop the error until I engage the radar cruise feature. Just engaging the cruise control without the radar function won't trip the error. The obvious difference is that the '18 6 Sig has the new, configurable instrument cluster. That's new to the '19 CX 9 and CX 5.

Registered Member

CX 5

I bought the Viper remote start. $199 + $30 T-link installed, original keys programmed and bluetooth capabilities. Installations appointment is for 1/17/19.
    I’ll keep you posted.

Registered Member

CX 5

Thursday, I went to the store that I bought the remote start to have it install.
    Everything was fine, now I am able to start the car and get it warm. It is a Viper DS4VP. Only issue was that at the moment of registering the app I was not able to set a password to use the Bluetooth. After many attempts and running out of passwords combo, lol, I called the Help Line at Viper and I was told that the server was down and to try again in a couple of hours. I did that later and no problem, now I need to return to the place that installed the remote and have the guy program it with the Bluetooth in 5’. Not a big deal since I am always near by them. Keep you posted.

Registered Member

2016 CX-9 Signature

steering_column.JPG

Some folks have asked me how difficult it was to get the steering column plastic surround apart. It's pretty easy. I would turn the steering wheel to 3 o'clock first, that will expose some of the front face of it. I found being able to put a little thumb pressure where the top and bottom come together helped with getting it to pop loose. Basically two screws on the bottom then just separate the top and bottom half. In this photo you can see the snap attach pegs.

Registered Member

CX-9

Why BT?

The range on my key is waaaaay longer than BT....

Registered Member

CX-9 2018 Signature

CX9-2018 Remote Start Compustar - Success

I recently installed Compustar FT-DC3 with ADS-THR-MA3 Harness.
    It was very easy plug n play install. No splice required.
    I didn't install Hood Pin & Parking light control. It works flawlessly with OEM Remote LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK.
    You will require a weblink H/W to update firmware and decrypt program of FT-DC3 Brain once and to change remote start setting link i did for LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK.
    Total cost - 230 CAD + 70 CAD for WEBLINK DEVICE(Refundable when you return the device).
    Bought it from
    https://lockdownsecuritycanada.ca/
    Amazing and prompt E-mail and Phone support.

Cheers..

Registered Member

CX-9 2018 Signature

Anyone has activated compustar VALET mode ?? In my case light flashes once then twice but vehicle can be still started from remote, Ideally it should not.
    Following up with compustar but no luck.

Registered Member

Honda Prelude 2001

Quote Originally Posted by lchhimwal View Post
    I didn't install Hood Pin & Parking light control. It works flawlessly with OEM Remote LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK.
    You will require a weblink H/W to update firmware and decrypt program of FT-DC3 Brain once and to change remote start setting link i did for LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK.
    Total cost - 230 CAD + 70 CAD for WEBLINK DEVICE(Refundable when you return the device).
    Bought it from

Cheers..
    How easy was the install? Need to run any wires? Or just zip-tie to existing wires under the dashboard?

Registered Member

2014 Mazda 3 sGT. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

Quote Originally Posted by kosh2258 View Post
    I have the Fortin One installed in my 2018 6 Signature (the install is identical to the CX 9, including firmware and settings) and there is one "gotcha" with it. If the vehicle has the radar cruise control...
    Have they released an update?
    I read in other threads that an update fixes this. But it could be for the compustar remote start.

Registered Member

2018 CX9 Touring

I installed the Fortin Evo One this evening. An overall simple process. The most time was spent on organizing and tucking away the unit and wires under the steering column.

A question: For those who also installed the same remote start unit, did you also install the hood pin switch? I did not, and it works fine. My concern is from a safety standpoint. Someone could remote start the car while working under the hood or car. Unlikely I*m sure, and I can take extra measures to minimize the risk, but I*m still thinking about installing it. Has anyone done so, and if so, how did you route the wire from the cabin to the engine compartment?

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by lchhimwal View Post
    Bought it from

Cheers..
    Can you open the door without the engine shutting off? Does radar cruise control work fine? Thank you.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 GT AWD in Soul Red

I do not have the Compustar, but if you want those features just get the Fortin EVO One with the T-harness. Refer to the bigger thread HERE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123