2019's when?

I think the white would go the best as in terms of color combo with the interior of the signature edition, however!
I'm dead set on getting the SRC, regardless of the paint issues, just so sexy.

The only color I would want the Signature in is white. Otherwise, I'm really weird about color combinations and anything gray or silver on the outside would look funky with brown leather interior (to me).

still no Signature or GT-R's in SoCal.
and yes, I'm totally stalking the MNAO inventory search site every morning. and maybe even in the evenings... (evil)

and yes, I'm totally stalking the MNAO inventory search site every morning. and maybe even in the evenings... (evil)

HAHA you stalker you! but i mean that in good way

Good news, is, they will be arriving in the next week! (I'm not sure where in So Cal you are, but I've talked to dealers in San Diego County, Riverside, and Orange County).

I think the white would go the best as in terms of color combo with the interior of the signature edition, however!
I'm dead set on getting the SRC, regardless of the paint issues, just so sexy.

That's what I want. The dealer from yesterday sent me a message saying that they found me one with the SRC and parchment that they are diverting to So Cal for me. It may take a few weeks, but I'm getting what I want.

ooOOOOo That is going to be one sexy sexy combo =) good luck and keep us all posted...pics when ready!

That's what I want. The dealer from yesterday sent me a message saying that they found me one with the SRC and parchment that they are diverting to So Cal for me. It may take a few weeks, but I'm getting what I want.

a month isn't too bad =)
i had to wait over 2 for my mazda 3 to be built to my specs when it first debuted. No one had the color combo and options i wanted.
I also had to wait over 3 mos for my first bmw to be build to my specs, fun stuff waiting =P not!

good luck...it'll be a nice christmas present!

Just heard back from the dealer, and it will be in on or before December 20. Waiting a month is going to be so hard!!!

The SRC Signature on which I have a deposit was built on October 22nd and loaded aboard the Sincerity Ace on Halloween.
It was supposed to offload in San Diego yesterday and I hoped to have it in my garage before Christmas.

Unfortunately, the ship is now anchored a mile off the San Diego coastline and isn't scheduled to dock until November 30th. (nervous)
My hopes of having the vehicle for Christmas travel have been dashed, and I now question whether I'll have it before the New Year.
Oh, well ... my '17 GT will continue to serve me well in the interim. (burnout)

The SRC Signature on which I have a deposit was built on October 22nd and loaded aboard the Sincerity Ace on Halloween.
It was supposed to offload in San Diego yesterday and I hoped to have it in my garage before Christmas.

Unfortunately, the ship is now anchored a mile off the San Diego coastline and isn't scheduled to dock until November 30th. (nervous)
My hopes of having the vehicle for Christmas travel have been dashed, and I now question whether I'll have it before the New Year.

So the CX5 is your daily car and the MX is your weekend toy?

a month isn't too bad =)
i had to wait over 2 for my mazda 3 to be built to my specs when it first debuted. No one had the color combo and options i wanted.
I also had to wait over 3 mos for my first bmw to be build to my specs, fun stuff waiting =P not!

good luck...it'll be a nice christmas present!

When I ordered my MINI I had to wait 3 months for production, for it to get on a train, and then come all the way from Europe with the ship making stops on the East Coast and then through the Panama Canal. That was awful! I have no patience. Luckily I'll be traveling for 2 1/2 weeks so I won't be thinking about it. (funny, it was driving so many rentals that helped me decide I wanted the CX-5 for my next car).

Back in the day when there were factory options [as opposed to dealer installed, or "packages"], you went to the dealer, checked the boxes for what you wanted, and then you waited while they built it.
Interesting parallels, then and now. Customer centric vs corporate centric ordering. Happy anticipation vs frustration for less than instant gratification.

Anyone falling along with my adventure... Yesterday I received really a poor response from 3 of the 4 dealerships I contacted. One of those 3 called me today and asked if they could help me get in a car this weekend. I explained once again that there was no way they could get me what I wanted this weekend because they are literally sitting on ships off the coast, and that if they were claiming they could then they hadn't looked into what I wanted. I told them after their poor response yesterday I found a different dealer that went out of their way to find me what I wanted. They told me, "We could get you the same car they are getting you" and asked me what dealer the car was going to. I said I wasn't willing to share that information, and she told me, "Well, it's not garantee they will get the car, if the other dealer is was going to get it didn't want to give it up." I explained I aready had a depost placed and had the shipping information, and she said, "If you give me the VIN we can try and divert it to us instead." I would NEVER do business with anyone that acted like.

Woah...talk about being shy-sty =P

Anyone falling along with my adventure... Yesterday I received really a poor response from 3 of the 4 dealerships I contacted. One of those 3 called me today and asked if they could help me get in a car this weekend. I explained once again that there was no way they could get me what I wanted this weekend because they are literally sitting on ships off the coast, and that if they were claiming they could then they hadn't looked into what I wanted. I told them after their poor response yesterday I found a different dealer that went out of their way to find me what I wanted. They told me, "We could get you the same car they are getting you" and asked me what dealer the car was going to. I said I wasn't willing to share that information, and she told me, "Well, it's not garantee they will get the car, if the other dealer is was going to get it didn't want to give it up." I explained I aready had a depost placed and had the shipping information, and she said, "If you give me the VIN we can try and divert it to us instead." I would NEVER do business with anyone that acted like.

how do you even get the info what ship your car is on??
Please share as i'm sure i'll be looking into this as well..haha

There are a couple GTRs in Northern Virginia, but no Signatures. FYI, I noticed that they dont show up on the Mazda site when you filter by trim. Just browse the all trims list.

FYI, I noticed that they don*t show up on the Mazda site when you filter by trim. Just browse the *all trims* list.
ha!
you're right.
if I just search all CX-5's there are now some Grand Touring Reserves in Irvine. Might have to go check one out this weekend. I'm debating between a GT-R with parchment leather or a Signature.
Hopefully they get a few Signatures in soon and I can do a side by side comparison.

I can't believe all the interest in the Signature trim?!? Guess it's not over priced. [emoji38]

how do you even get the info what ship your car is on??
Please share as i'm sure i'll be looking into this as well..haha

Once you have the anticipated docking date from the dealer, look at the San Diego port schedule for car carriers scheduled to make port a couple of days either side of that date.

San Diego port schedule: https://pantheonstorage.blob.core.windows.net/maritime/Ship.pdf

You then identify the ship that has a Last Port of NEW WESTMINSTER, CA docking on the "correct" day.
From that information, you can track the ship on the VesselFinder website by entering the ship name.
VesselFinder: https://www.vesselfinder.com

BTW: Just discovered that the San Diego schedule has been revised .... the Sincerity Ace is now scheduled to dock on the 25th.

Back