Upgrading Head Unit on 2016 CX-5

corazura

:
2016 Mazda, CX-5, Sport 2.5
Hey everyone,

I've spent days looking for information on upgrading my head unit and I can't find what I'm looking for so I apologize if this has been answered already. I have the most basic (no screen) stereo head unit on my CX-5 Sport and ideally I'd like to upgrade it to the Mazda OEM version that has a screen (plenty are sold on ebay). I understand the wiring harnesses are different between my version and the version with a screen. Is there a harness I can use to plug in the new head unit to my existing wiring? Is this even possible? I know there are antenna harnesses and steering wheel control harnesses but it seems those all involve splicing wires and taking apart the old harness completely. I'm afraid something will go wrong and I won't be able to revert back to my stock head unit. Is there a kit i can buy anywhere? Any info is greatly appreciated...lots of great information on this site. Thanks.

I have the same question. I have a '16 AWD Sport with the basic head unit. Wanted to add a factory backup camera but it looks like would need the other HU plus the factory camera kit plus any harnesses. As corazura asks, is there a kit or is aftermarket a better option considering the basic equipment we have?

Back