Cruise control issues

1stP5

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
I have an 02 MP5, when my cruise control is on
If i turn on my parking lights my cruise control
Shuts off.....i cant reset it but its just wierd.
Any ideas?

spiral cable (or known as the clock spring) is bad perhaps? Just throwing a dart in the dark. Most likely you're going to have to dig in with a meter and find out exactly what is happening to fix it.

again i'd suggest switching back to regular bulbs. since LED's run at a lower voltage, they flash faster (a way of the car telling you a bulb is going out) and it might mess with your cruise control too.
try going back to regular bulbs to see if that solves it. if that was the problem but you prefer sticking to led's in the parking lights, then i guess you might have to live with that problem...

Ha. Just got back from parts store with regular bulbs to replace the aftermarket LEDs in my neighbor's 2009 Civic. (One is dead.) Her ex installed them, along with some HIDs. First sign of trouble with any of his aftermarket choices, I'm replacing them with stock.

Fuse?

I was wondering if anyone new where the fuse is for the cruise control? Mine wasn't working, but I could hear it engage behind the glove compartment (ended up being a loose connection). However now that the cruise works, the light on my dash doesn't come on. The diagram in the fuse box doesn't say...

Thanks!

Check your meter fuse (#15). It powers the cruise control module.

You would probably have other things out though if that fuse was blown and your cruise control wouldn't work.

You may have a burned out cruise control light bulb or some other loose connection.

I was wondering if anyone new where the fuse is for the cruise control? Mine wasn't working, but I could hear it engage behind the glove compartment (ended up being a loose connection). However now that the cruise works, the light on my dash doesn't come on. The diagram in the fuse box doesn't say...

Thanks!

If the cruise control works but the light just doesn't come on, then the fuse and everything are fine. Chances are it is just a burned out bulb. Only other likely possibility would be a wiring issue between the computer and the instrument cluster, but that's a long shot. I'd bet dollars to donuts it's just a bulb.

Back