Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cx9 due for facelift and next gen cx9?

My Way IS the Highway

2018 CX-9 Signature Silver & 2007 CX-7 GT AWD Liq Platinum/Sand

Quote Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
    *Just keep in mind, there's no guaranty you will like the facelift if they do that in '20.
    I think this was the case with the CX-7. Initially the 7 was a sleek new design, but within a few years, the cosmetic tweaks made to the front end turned that vehicle into a somewhat hideous animation. Even the young woman who helped us buy our new CX-9 commented that she thought the now discontinued 7*s looked like a *clown face*. I told her I agreed, and was glad I had the 2007. In hindsight, I think they couldn*t make up their mind what that vehicle was supposed to be, and who it was to appeal to?

Quote Originally Posted by 274HP View Post
    It might be due for a facelift...though I don't see any drastic changes considering the current design cues of the concepts.
    You make a very good observation. They appear to be fully committed to the KODO Soul of Motion philosophy and implementing throughout their line-up. I personally think it is a very refined and elegant look * even understated - in a world where many new designs appear exaggerated, forced, or downright ugly.

Also, count me among those who do not want panoramic glass roof; if they do eventually make it available, I hope it would be an option independent of trimline for only those interested.
    Edit: I think that as these vehicles have become more and more advanced, the frequency of complete model refresh will occur less often, and minor cosmetic changes will be the rule.
    Last edited by singlemalt_18; 11-11-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by singlemalt_18 View Post
    Edit: I think that as these vehicles have become more and more advanced, the frequency of complete model refresh will occur less often, and minor cosmetic changes will be the rule.
    I tend to differ in this topic.
    technology changes so quickly that they need to update to keep it fresh and competitive, i'm not saying they should do a complete refresh every 4 years or so,
    but i think every 6 years is a reasonable life span for a design.

If you look at Mazda's new range of vehicles.
    refresh happens about 3 years after introduction and then a new model 2 years after that.
    I believe this is what they did with the mazda 3, cx-5 and the cx-3 give or take a year.

Registered Member

2019 CX-9 Grand Touring

This Canadian article seems to agree with phxzoom with regard to a major redesign. They very factually state another 3-4 years after 2019.

https://www.auto123.com/en/car-revie...-review/65236/

Quote from article (bolding is mine):

So, this is a second-generation family SUV that has proven its worth on the market for 12 years and counting. Mazda is not planning a full revision of the model for another three or four years * something to keep in mind when considering what the resale value of your new 2019 model might be in a few years.
    Last edited by 19CX9; 11-14-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Registered Member

2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Liquid Silver Metallic

Mazda Canada Unlimited Mileage Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by 19CX9 View Post
    This Canadian article seems to agree with phxzoom with regard to a major redesign. They very factually state another 3-4 years after 2019.

What caught my eye in that article is this: Another plus is that Mazda offers an unlimited-mileage warranty on all of its new models. So, I checked out Mazda Canada's website and found the details into Mazda's Unlimited Mileage Warranty:

Mazda Unlimited Mileage Warranty
    Standard on all new models

Mazda vehicles are designed to be driven, and to prove it, we’ve introduced Mazda Unlimited – the only warranty program of its kind in Canada.

Mazda Unlimited features unlimited mileage for our 3-YEAR New Vehicle, 3-YEAR Roadside Assistance, 5-YEAR Powertrain and 7-YEAR Anti-Perforation warranties, so you can focus on every thrilling moment spent behind the wheel instead of the odometer.

Standard on all new models.

It's a shame that Mazda USA does not offer this. I mean, I realize the warranty is still definitely not as good as what some other manufacturers (like VW, Hyundai/Kia) offer, but it's still better than the current warranty with mileage restrictions.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda 3

i'm pretty confident a refresh will be offered next year for the 2020 model year (2019) and then 2 years after that a new gen cx-9 will be out in 2021 as a 2022 MY.

Quote Originally Posted by 19CX9 View Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12