Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 CX5 Turbo update (Ontario)

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech

2019 CX5 Turbo update (Ontario)

Spoke to my sales guy (in Toronto last night) as I have reserved a 2018 GT with tech for purchase with potential of going to the 2019 turbo, but after hearing the price jump, I can't imagine pulling the trigger.

2018 GT with tech is $42K out the door here in Ontario.
    The 2019 GT has a price bump of about $750 while the out the door price for the 2019 GT Turbo is just north of $47K. The Signature is north of $48K out the door.

They are expecting arrival of the 2019's in their showroom by end of December.

I have doubts that the CX5 turbo's will sell here in Ontario for that price.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 GT Tech 2017 White

I agree!!! I live in Quebec and with this price itís gonna be a flop. 2-3 K more itís reasonable but nearly 10k itís too much.
    Thereís a lot of choices at 48000$ and more.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

The price becomes an issue if they don't deal. I was all for the CX-5 signature but my wife really wants to give up the mini van and move to the CX-9 signature and keep our old CX5. Given that car can be had for 41K USD, it makes the decision difficult.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

You should be able to negotiate the price down at least 5-10% off MSRP. If they won't budge, find another dealership or wait a few months. The fact that you've already reserved a 2018 GT may play in your favour as they might be more willing to deal if they sense that you'll walk on the 2018 to get a better deal on the 2019 somewhere else.

Registered Member banjos-n-beer's Avatar

2014 QX70 AWD

Like I stated, as Mazda moves upstream prices will eventually follow.

How do these new prices compare to a similarly equipped Q5?

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech

Quote Originally Posted by banjos-n-beer View Post
    Like I stated, as Mazda moves upstream prices will eventually follow.

How do these new prices compare to a similarly equipped Q5?
    For a Q5 up here, with similar features, you're looking at $54K + taxes and fees which will put you north of $63K.

Not to mention the cost of maintenance on an Audi is $$$ compared to the Mazda.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

48K Canadian is ~36.6 USD. That is still a good deal (in the USA!). Not sure what the car market is like in Canada but the Infinity, BMW, Volvo, Audi, equivalents with at least the minimal equivalent seats (heated) and safety features (blind spot monitoring) cost ~7-15K more than the CX-5 signature.

Ford, Hyundai and Kia make some cars that are solid competition but for the price, the CX-5 signature is a very good deal. And honestly, the CX-9 Signature is even a better deal when you realize in the USA, the true car price is roughly ~40K.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    48K Canadian is ~36.6 USD. That is still a good deal (in the USA!). Not sure what the car market is like in Canada but the Infinity, BMW, Volvo, Audi, equivalents with at least the minimal equivalent seats (heated) and safety features (blind spot monitoring) cost ~7-15K more than the CX-5 signature.

Ford, Hyundai and Kia make some cars that are solid competition but for the price, the CX-5 signature is a very good deal. And honestly, the CX-9 Signature is even a better deal when you realize in the USA, the true car price is roughly ~40K.
    That's what my sales guy was saying as well. If you look at the $ of the CX-5 Signature, you're better off getting a CX-9 (albeit not the signature trim) for the same price.
    Last edited by hw4ng3r; 11-07-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post

CX-9 is a rocking deal - since many top end Pilots go north of $50K. CX-9 Sig for 40K is ton of value with some sacrifices.

Official Defender of Zamdatm

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

Quote Originally Posted by hw4ng3r View Post
    That's what my sales guy was saying as well. If you look at the $ of the CX-5 Signature, you're better off getting a CX-9 (albeit not the signature trim).
    If you are buying potatoes that argument holds true - 1 lb for $3 or 2 lbs for $5. CX-9 and 5 are different segments altogether with different running costs as well. CX-9, though class leading in handling is still a big CUV. CX-5 is an easier commuter car. CX-9 maybe not.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    If you are buying potatoes that argument holds true - 1 lb for $3 or 2 lbs for $5. CX-9 and 5 are different segments altogether with different running costs as well. CX-9, though class leading in handling is still a big CUV. CX-5 is an easier commuter car. CX-9 maybe not.
    Yeah, for some, the CX-9 is just too big and the CX-5 will be perfect. Forcing a buying decision up is not a bad thing honestly

Registered Member

MX-5 NC2

47k for GT Turbo ... thats not a very good value anymore IMO.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda 3 sGT. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

The thing is i also really like the cx9 but is due for a facelift in a year or so. Which is pretty soon and then a complete redesign following that. So the current cx9 will be outdated in about 2 years. Hence Iím probably going to lease the new cx5 signature and then move onto the next gen cx9.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring White

Quote Originally Posted by surcobra View Post
    47k for GT Turbo ... thats not a very good value anymore IMO.
    This is my struggle it is just an opinion. I know I either accept it or move on, but it has me leaning heavily toward the next class. I just don't see the CX-5 as a premium car deserving of a premium price - yet anyway. There are a lot of vehicles that can be had coming off a lease with very low miles that will be more on the luxury/performance side. When I post on this forum it is that I am still considering Mazda as I have been somewhat loyal, but on the other side I am starting to have some other desires creep in (luxury type quietness at interstate speed is one).

I look each morning I check my area on Cargurus and see a number of late model GLC300 AWD, Audi Q5 AWD, and Macan S AWD in my area with low miles and in the low $40s.

I will continue to hang out on this forum and see what owners think of the overall value and performance of the CX-5. I am not ready to take the CX-5 off my list of consideration, but it is struggling on my list at the moment.
    Last edited by Felt_Rider; 11-08-2018 at 08:14 AM.

2017 BMW X1

FWIW the CX-5 compares well to the luxury brands in terms of quietness. You can find measurements online.

Everyone likes to start comparing value to Audi, Mercedes, and BMW when cars like the CX-5 reach the $38k range, but thereís still a huge price gap. I get it, because Iím the typical fringe luxury buyer. However, while Iíd love to own a new style Q5, itís really not that financially close when you consider the overall cost of ownership of a German car and how loaded the CX-5 Sig will be in comparison to a ďbaseĒ CPO 2018+ Q5. Iíve tried to rationalize an Audi or Mercedes purchase and the numbers just never work out. Mazda, even with the higher pricing, is hands down the best mix of looks and value for a crossover.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast