Super dissatisfied with the CX-9 2.5 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 40 is a pretty geniously packaged car. The cx5 does not compete with it in any way.

..and exactly why do you believe that is? What makes it soo special that the forthcoming CX5 gtr or signature can't/won't compete? Oops missed prev. post asking same but hey inquiring minds clearly wanna know!

Last edited:
Esp the T5 that's really a T4- I think that bothers me even more than the bs bmw has been pulling w/their nomenclature...I mean its one thing to say there is replacement for displacement but now we're just adding cylinders but because its part of your history its ok.

Last edited:
Agree on Volvo seats. Almost dreamy. T6 Engine can sound unrefined.

Volvo interiors are really nice and smell great! I also like the color options. Honestly, it is a solid competitor to the CX-5 signature. If you build a base momentum model with stock colors and wheels (which are all nice) and just get the heated seats and vision package you are looking at a 38.5K car. Solid in my mind. You don't get keyless entry or dual zone climate control but still not bad. Those can be had with other great things for $1400. Again, still not bad.

I have a feeling they will drive similarly as well - as that is the feel Mazda is after.

Volvo interiors are really nice and smell great! I also like the color options. Honestly, it is a solid competitor to the CX-5 signature. If you build a base momentum model with stock colors and wheels (which are all nice) and just get the heated seats and vision package you are looking at a 38.5K car. Solid in my mind. You don't get keyless entry or dual zone climate control but still not bad. Those can be had with other great things for $1400. Again, still not bad.

I have a feeling they will drive similarly as well - as that is the feel Mazda is after.

Volvo uses a timing BELT. Might as well try to hire a hooker with HIV as far as I'm concerned. Nothing else really matters at that point, for me. YMMV

Volvo uses a timing BELT. Might as well try to hire a hooker with HIV as far as I'm concerned. Nothing else really matters at that point, for me. YMMV

The average person doesn't know the difference, especially the average person looking for "luxury", and when that word comes up, they're choosing the Volvo over the almost Mazda every time. Better car, or not, and No, I didn't day the Volvo was by any means...

Last edited:
The average person doesn't know the difference, especially the average person looking for "luxury", and when that word comes up, they're choosing the Volvo over the almost Mazda every time. Better car, or not, and No, I didn't day the Volvo was by any means...

The average person is stupid, and keep in mind that half of them are even worse than that!

My wife likes the Volvo. I'd still prefer the Mazda irrespective of price. Some of the Volvo interface is wacky. It is a nice machine though

Volvo reminds me of ikea on wheels with its styling. Hey I actually have ikea furniture at home.

Volvo reminds me of ikea on wheels with its styling. Hey I actually have ikea furniture at home.

My brother bought the new XC90 because it was pretty much rated the safest vehicle in its class. SIL made that the utmost factor in the purchase. However, she now wants that over engineered Tesla Model X. I guess if you spend $70k on a Volvo whats another $30k.

I picked her brain on it a bit, and still believe its only marginally safer, but she wants what she wants.

My brother bought the new XC90 because it was pretty much rated the safest vehicle in its class. SIL made that the utmost factor in the purchase. However, she now wants that over engineered Tesla Model X. I guess if you spend $70k on a Volvo what*s another $30k.

I picked her brain on it a bit, and still believe it*s only marginally safer, but she wants what she wants.

Volvo's have great frame designs to keep you alive in a nasty crash. When was the last time we heard of a car death involving a Volvo in the US?

I think title should be "Super dissatisfied with the CX-9". Nobody here has driven a CX-5 turbo yet.

I think the model x looks like a pile of over engineered dog s***..another 30k is a nice little sports car on the side

I think the model x looks like a pile of over engineered dog s***..another 30k is a nice little sports car on the side

Agree, and I*d be really happy with an XC90. The R-design is a beaut, others are too really. 30k in the pocket or other play toys is the way to go here no doubt, the Volvo is plenty safe...

Agree, and I*d be really happy with an XC90. The R-design is a beaut, others are too really. 30k in the pocket or other play toys is the way to go here no doubt, the Volvo is plenty safe...

Yeah I think its fugly too. But money isnt really an issue for them.

Mainly, you can't take one on a road trip, and Tesla is about the worst company I can think of. Like Chrysler, except worse.

The average person is stupid, and keep in mind that half of them are even worse than that!
When it comes to cars, and how people decide what to buy, I think you're being generous with saying half of them are worse. I'd say it's closer to 90%.
I'm always curious when I see someone I know show up in a new car, so I ask questions.
90% of buyers do diddly squat research. Can't be bothered apparently.
A few examples: A long time acquaintance has driven nothing but Volvo's for 40 years. Won't consider any other brand, or do any comparisons.
Just trades in his car every five years or so, and doesn't haggle.
Neighbour across the street only buys Buicks. Again, no reason other than he's lazy, and in general, doesn't give a crap about cars or researches them.
One of my clients just got a new Honda Accord. Again, no consideration or effort to consider or check anything else.
Drove his ten year old Honda to the dealer, and took whatever they sold him, probably at full price. I could go on and on.
This is what 90% of people do. They are either lazy, scared, ignorant, have preconceived biases, or just don't care.
People like us that frequent car forums like this, and (sometimes) get passionate about cars, are in the small minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back