Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Super dissatisfied with the CX-9 2.5 Turbo

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
    I think the model x looks like a pile of over engineered dog shit..another 30k is a nice little sports car on the side
    Agree, and I*d be really happy with an XC90. The R-design is a beaut, others are too really. 30k in the pocket or other play toys is the way to go here no doubt, the Volvo is plenty safe...

Registered Member banjos-n-beer's Avatar

2014 QX70 AWD

I think the model x looks like a pile of over engineered dog shit..another 30k is a nice little sports car on the side
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    Agree, and I*d be really happy with an XC90. The R-design is a beaut, others are too really. 30k in the pocket or other play toys is the way to go here no doubt, the Volvo is plenty safe...
    Yeah I think itís fugly too. But money isnít really an issue for them.

Registered Member banjos-n-beer's Avatar

2014 QX70 AWD

Oh, ironically my brother hates cars. So a little sports car on the side isnít even a remote consideration.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Mainly, you can't take one on a road trip, and Tesla is about the worst company I can think of. Like Chrysler, except worse.

Registered Member

17 Mazda 6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The average person is stupid, and keep in mind that half of them are even worse than that!
    When it comes to cars, and how people decide what to buy, I think you're being generous with saying half of them are worse. I'd say it's closer to 90%.
    I'm always curious when I see someone I know show up in a new car, so I ask questions.
    90% of buyers do diddly squat research. Can't be bothered apparently.
    A few examples: A long time acquaintance has driven nothing but Volvo's for 40 years. Won't consider any other brand, or do any comparisons.
    Just trades in his car every five years or so, and doesn't haggle.
    Neighbour across the street only buys Buicks. Again, no reason other than he's lazy, and in general, doesn't give a crap about cars or researches them.
    One of my clients just got a new Honda Accord. Again, no consideration or effort to consider or check anything else.
    Drove his ten year old Honda to the dealer, and took whatever they sold him, probably at full price. I could go on and on.
    This is what 90% of people do. They are either lazy, scared, ignorant, have preconceived biases, or just don't care.
    People like us that frequent car forums like this, and (sometimes) get passionate about cars, are in the small minority.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    When it comes to cars, and how people decide what to buy, I think you're being generous with saying half of them are worse. I'd say it's closer to 90%.
    I'm always curious when I see someone I know show up in a new car, so I ask questions.
    A few examples: A long time acquaintance has driven nothing but Volvo's for 40 years. Won't consider any other brand, or do any comparisons.
    Neighbour across the street only buys Buicks. Again, no reason other than he's lazy, and in general, doesn't give a crap about cars or researches them.
    One of my clients just got a new Honda Accord. Again, no consideration or effort to consider or check anything else.
    Drove his ten year old Honda to the dealer, and took whatever they sold him, probably at full price. I could go on and on.
    This is what 90% of people do. They are either lazy, scared, ignorant, have preconceived biases, or just don't care.
    People like us that frequent car forums like this, and (sometimes) get passionate about cars, are in the small minority.
    I wish i had more customers that didn't haggle when i sold cars. I can only distinctly recall 2. One was rich AF (stroked a check for a new f150 and f250, tradin in a 1 year old ram 1500 loaded, because he couldnt buy his favorite tire in that rim size), and the other was an old bluehair that traded in a 4 year old focus with the factory floor oil filter still on it 14k miles later, lol

Guy with the 2 trucks had me deliver em. Had a porsche 911tt and a matching pair of xc90s for his family. Got bored of the 911 and traded it before i met him though. Empty spot in the garage. Also had a dirt track hobby he sank half a mil a year into as a tax writeoff because it was advertising (his pipeline company logo was painted on the door i guess). Doubledecker car hauler/motorhome with a lift in it.

Dude had so much money he was basically looking for ways to bleed it off for tax purposes, lol
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 11-09-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post

But honestly, nothing in your examples makes people stupid. Those people are most likely brand loyal because they have been satisfied with their prior car buying experience and see no reason to change. That does not mean they are stupid. And I would argue that the people on these boards are as stupid, if not more, than the people not on the forums.

Registered Member

'14 liquid CX-5 AWD GT tech, E84 valencia x1 sdrive msport

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    But honestly, nothing in your examples makes people stupid. Those people are most likely brand loyal because they have been satisfied with their prior car buying experience and see no reason to change. That does not mean they are stupid. And I would argue that the people on these boards are as stupid, if not more, than the people not on the forums.
    Maybe so- but not comparing/looking/trying/researching at least a few competitive products and to a slightly lesser extent haggling is stupid when it comes to car buying- doesn't make them stupid ppl but imo its stupid not to do those things- due diligence is the term I'm after here. I think everyone should or at least have someone do/help do it for them but many are lazy/scared and/or have strong brand biases- many of which are probably very outdated or just plain wrong. Many others just don't want the hassle of dealing with pushy a-holes- I get kinda get that but its something everyone should do or get help doing.
    Last edited by Monterra; 11-10-2018 at 12:21 AM.
    247 community defender of: gen1 steering, styling, seats and gated shifter, compression ignition, rwd, Asian twins, winter tires, manual: tailgates, transmissions, ebrakes, also liquid silver and Lawson's Liquids FTMFW!

My automotive lineage:
    1983 Toyota Celica GTS 5MT- aka rustback
    1984 Toyota Supra 5MT- change averse much?
    1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 5MT- good times- newfound respect for term mid-engined oversteer!
    2002 MB C230 Coupe 6MT- 1st new car(chosen over GTI) and a good one until gremlins came
    +nice house/bad driveway
    2006 Acura TL 6MT (shortest ownership by far 1year of tq steer&driveway fails>enough)
    2007 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L -not much to say boring excellence?
    2009 BMW 128i 6MT - End of the old-school bimmers probably should have kept.. wanted 4drs
    2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT - what can I say not so boring excellence? I continue to be impressed.
    2015 BMW X1 RWD Msport - Its got 4drs, I like it, fast enough and it still does donuts, e-steering won't let me love it

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

True that. Im GM loyal within reason because of how they have treated me. Anti Nissan for the same reason. No, my statement about people being stupid is unrelated.

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOOOM mazdadude's Avatar

'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD, '05 PRIUS

...the people on these boards are as stupid, if not more, than the people not on the forums.

Please explain your intelligent insight further.
    Last edited by mazdadude; 11-10-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    Mazda's I have owned over the years. (boom07)
    80' Mazda GLC SPORT MT - sold
    81' Mazda 626 DX MT - sold
    81' Mazda 626 LX AT - sold
    82' Mazda 626 DX MT - sold
    82' Mazda 626 LX AT - sold
    85' Mazda 626 LX MT - sold
    87' Mazda 626 GT Turbo MT - sold
    85' Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE MT- sold
    87' Mazda RX-7 Turbo 2 MT - sold
    91' Mazda Protege LX MT - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata MT - sold
    93' Mazda MX-3 GS-V6 Special Edition MT - sold
    00' Mazda 626 LX-V6 MT - sold
    02.5' Mazda Protege5 MT - sold
    92' Mazda MX-5 Miata MT - sold
    06' Mazda 5 Touring AT - sold
    13' Mazda CX-5 Touring AT - sold
    14' Mazda 3i Grand Touring MT - sold
    15' Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD AT - sold
    03' Mazda Protege5 AT - sold
    16.5' Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD AT - current
    09' Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT - current

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by mazdadude View Post
    [/SIZE][/B]

Please explain your intelligent insight further.
    He's referring to the rabid fanboyism, and I gotta say only the Jeep forum compares. Back in 2015 when I joined, I opined that Mazda should add a bit of sound deadening, increase amenities. I was shouted down by most of the active members because "It's a driver's car" "It's meant for enthusiasts!" and on and on. Now I say "They should add a bit of pep" and I get "It's meant for not going over 4500rpm!" "We hate noise!" "I don't want to hear the engine "working" at higher rpms!" "It's a luxury entry level, not a sports car!". It's hilarious how everyone just changes their tune to suit their monetary investment, and yes, it does make this forum as a whole look pretty stupid in that regard.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    He's referring to the rabid fanboyism, and I gotta say only the Jeep forum compares. Back in 2015 when I joined, I opined that Mazda should add a bit of sound deadening, increase amenities. I was shouted down by most of the active members because "It's a driver's car" "It's meant for enthusiasts!" and on and on. Now I say "They should add a bit of pep" and I get "It's meant for not going over 4500rpm!" "We hate noise!" "I don't want to hear the engine "working" at higher rpms!" "It's a luxury entry level, not a sports car!". It's hilarious how everyone just changes their tune to suit their monetary investment, and yes, it does make this forum as a whole look pretty stupid in that regard.
    I gotta say, over time I now have seen this change of tune.

Mazda needs more Zoom Zoom.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 75k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 buy

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    I gotta say, over time I now have seen this change of tune.

Mazda needs more Zoom Zoom.
    Yeah, my favorite back then was "mazda is a niche company and cares about enthusiasts, not sales numbers" and now all people by and large here crow about are...sales numbers, and how mazda designed their flagship cx5 to be driven mainly under 4500rpm. Its hilarious. They would buy a damn Tribeca if it had a Mazda badge on jt and came out next year, lol!

Registered Member

14 Liquid GT awd / 09 Liquid NC2

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Will you still test drive the CX-5 with the 2.5T? Or have you already written it off based on your experience with the CX-9? It sounds like you're heavily leaning towards the latter.
    My guy in Morristown is calling me when one is available. So yes. And I mentioned reviews, I read Mazda6 turbo reviews, sorry for the confusion.

Founder

Eunos Cosmo 20B

Blog Entries
    It appears this thread has run its course...Please keep threads on topic and even if you disagree and or have "gripes", do not express them by insulting your fellow Members and this Community. Keep posts constructive and informative, simply expressing discontent adds no value to this Community (such negative behavior serves no useful purpose and will not be tolerated).

Thank you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456