Super dissatisfied with the CX-9 2.5 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to cars, and how people decide what to buy, I think you're being generous with saying half of them are worse. I'd say it's closer to 90%.
I'm always curious when I see someone I know show up in a new car, so I ask questions.
90% of buyers do diddly squat research. Can't be bothered apparently.
A few examples: A long time acquaintance has driven nothing but Volvo's for 40 years. Won't consider any other brand, or do any comparisons.
Just trades in his car every five years or so, and doesn't haggle.
Neighbour across the street only buys Buicks. Again, no reason other than he's lazy, and in general, doesn't give a crap about cars or researches them.
One of my clients just got a new Honda Accord. Again, no consideration or effort to consider or check anything else.
Drove his ten year old Honda to the dealer, and took whatever they sold him, probably at full price. I could go on and on.
This is what 90% of people do. They are either lazy, scared, ignorant, have preconceived biases, or just don't care.
People like us that frequent car forums like this, and (sometimes) get passionate about cars, are in the small minority.

I wish i had more customers that didn't haggle when i sold cars. I can only distinctly recall 2. One was rich AF (stroked a check for a new f150 and f250, tradin in a 1 year old ram 1500 loaded, because he couldnt buy his favorite tire in that rim size), and the other was an old bluehair that traded in a 4 year old focus with the factory floor oil filter still on it 14k miles later, lol

Guy with the 2 trucks had me deliver em. Had a porsche 911tt and a matching pair of xc90s for his family. Got bored of the 911 and traded it before i met him though. Empty spot in the garage. Also had a dirt track hobby he sank half a mil a year into as a tax writeoff because it was advertising (his pipeline company logo was painted on the door i guess). Doubledecker car hauler/motorhome with a lift in it.

Dude had so much money he was basically looking for ways to bleed it off for tax purposes, lol

Last edited:
When it comes to cars, and how people decide what to buy, I think you're being generous with saying half of them are worse. I'd say it's closer to 90%.
I'm always curious when I see someone I know show up in a new car, so I ask questions.
90% of buyers do diddly squat research. Can't be bothered apparently.
A few examples: A long time acquaintance has driven nothing but Volvo's for 40 years. Won't consider any other brand, or do any comparisons.
Just trades in his car every five years or so, and doesn't haggle.
Neighbour across the street only buys Buicks. Again, no reason other than he's lazy, and in general, doesn't give a crap about cars or researches them.
One of my clients just got a new Honda Accord. Again, no consideration or effort to consider or check anything else.
Drove his ten year old Honda to the dealer, and took whatever they sold him, probably at full price. I could go on and on.
This is what 90% of people do. They are either lazy, scared, ignorant, have preconceived biases, or just don't care.
People like us that frequent car forums like this, and (sometimes) get passionate about cars, are in the small minority.

But honestly, nothing in your examples makes people stupid. Those people are most likely brand loyal because they have been satisfied with their prior car buying experience and see no reason to change. That does not mean they are stupid. And I would argue that the people on these boards are as stupid, if not more, than the people not on the forums.

But honestly, nothing in your examples makes people stupid. Those people are most likely brand loyal because they have been satisfied with their prior car buying experience and see no reason to change. That does not mean they are stupid. And I would argue that the people on these boards are as stupid, if not more, than the people not on the forums.

Maybe so- but not comparing/looking/trying/researching at least a few competitive products and to a slightly lesser extent haggling is stupid when it comes to car buying- doesn't make them stupid ppl but imo its stupid not to do those things- due diligence is the term I'm after here. I think everyone should or at least have someone do/help do it for them but many are lazy/scared and/or have strong brand biases- many of which are probably very outdated or just plain wrong. Many others just don't want the hassle of dealing with pushy a-holes- I get kinda get that but its something everyone should do or get help doing.

Last edited:

True that. Im GM loyal within reason because of how they have treated me. Anti Nissan for the same reason. No, my statement about people being stupid is unrelated.

[/SIZE][/B]

Please explain your intelligent insight further.(guitar)

He's referring to the rabid fanboyism, and I gotta say only the Jeep forum compares. Back in 2015 when I joined, I opined that Mazda should add a bit of sound deadening, increase amenities. I was shouted down by most of the active members because "It's a driver's car" "It's meant for enthusiasts!" and on and on. Now I say "They should add a bit of pep" and I get "It's meant for not going over 4500rpm!" "We hate noise!" "I don't want to hear the engine "working" at higher rpms!" "It's a luxury entry level, not a sports car!". It's hilarious how everyone just changes their tune to suit their monetary investment, and yes, it does make this forum as a whole look pretty stupid in that regard.

He's referring to the rabid fanboyism, and I gotta say only the Jeep forum compares. Back in 2015 when I joined, I opined that Mazda should add a bit of sound deadening, increase amenities. I was shouted down by most of the active members because "It's a driver's car" "It's meant for enthusiasts!" and on and on. Now I say "They should add a bit of pep" and I get "It's meant for not going over 4500rpm!" "We hate noise!" "I don't want to hear the engine "working" at higher rpms!" "It's a luxury entry level, not a sports car!". It's hilarious how everyone just changes their tune to suit their monetary investment, and yes, it does make this forum as a whole look pretty stupid in that regard.
I gotta say, over time I now have seen this change of tune.

Mazda needs more Zoom Zoom.

I gotta say, over time I now have seen this change of tune.

Mazda needs more Zoom Zoom.

Yeah, my favorite back then was "mazda is a niche company and cares about enthusiasts, not sales numbers" and now all people by and large here crow about are...sales numbers, and how mazda designed their flagship cx5 to be driven mainly under 4500rpm. Its hilarious. They would buy a damn Tribeca if it had a Mazda badge on jt and came out next year, lol!

Will you still test drive the CX-5 with the 2.5T? Or have you already written it off based on your experience with the CX-9? It sounds like you're heavily leaning towards the latter.

My guy in Morristown is calling me when one is available. So yes. And I mentioned reviews, I read Mazda6 turbo reviews, sorry for the confusion.

It appears this thread has run its course...Please keep threads on topic and even if you disagree and or have "gripes", do not express them by insulting your fellow Members and this Community. Keep posts constructive and informative, simply expressing discontent adds no value to this Community (such negative behavior serves no useful purpose and will not be tolerated).

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back