Coming and Leaving Home Light

:
2014 cx5 2.2 d sport nav 5d 148 bhp (64 Reg)
Is this available on all CX-5s

Mine is a 2014 and i can't get it to work after following the manual

Or is it specific to certain regions ?

1st gen has them. It's probably the Sport model that OP has that it doesn't come with...

Ah ok thanks guys..... bloody Mazda is just so 1988 with it's technology ����...

I wonder if it can be programmed if one could get hold of Mazda software programmer like Tech 2 for GM cars

I have a 2013 so I definitely don*t have it. But what is a *coming and leaving home light*?

You're correct. It's the top trim level in the UK. If I've still got it I'll dig out an old brochure which might mention this function if it exists.

So confusing because Sport is bottom trim in US lol.

I have a 2013 so I definitely don*t have it. But what is a *coming and leaving home light*?

Coming home: When I get out of the car and shut it off the exterior lights remain on for a preprogrammed (selectable by me) amount of time. Leaving home: if I use the remote to unlock the car, the exterior lights come on and stay on the same way. (My Saab had that.... in 1994!).

As for Mazda being behind, well yea, they might have been.... but they've certainly improved in that respect to be class leading today.
I believe only Hyundai has added a HUD to the Santa Fe. I don't think anyone has added adaptable lights yet in this class that turn with the steering wheel (Volvo and the like have). Certainly no one in the class did in 16 when Mazda added that.

That is crazy that SPORT is your top trim. That's annoying about Mazda.

I think coming home light is if your car is off and you flick the high beams the low beams (no taillight or side markers) will turn on for the set amount of time. Leaving home is, as mentioned above, if you unlock your doors the exterior lights will turn on. I wish there's a setting where it'll only turn everything on when it's dark and work as normal during the day. I normally just turn off auto lights to disable leaving home feature.

Your/our 2013 has a crude version

NOTE
l If the light switch is left on, the lights will automatically switch off (if equipped) approximately 30
seconds after switching the ignition off.
The time setting can be changed.
Refer to Personalization Features on page 9-9.

https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets/pdf/owners-optimized/2013/cx5/2013-cx-5-owners-manual.pdf
Interesting. If I leave my lights on, they stay on. Especially that pesky dome light which has been responsible for many dead batteries over the years.

Interesting. If I leave my lights on, they stay on. Especially that pesky dome light which has been responsible for many dead batteries over the years.

Yeah my wife would kill batteries that way. After switching to LED interior lights it really decreased the load on the battery if interior light left on overnight.

That said the exterior light turns off.

Yeah my wife would kill batteries that way. After switching to LED interior lights it really decreased the load on the battery if interior light left on overnight.

That said the exterior light turns off.
Hmm I'll have to look at some LEDs. I would want something that feels like warm light though.

Hmm I'll have to look at some LEDs. I would want something that feels like warm light though.

Wife wanted to cool cold LED color.

My car...I put Red LEDs. Looks like the inside of a submarine lol. Real stealth.

You may have to search for Amber LEDs or something like that.

Wife wanted to cool cold LED color.

My car...I put Red LEDs. Looks like the inside of a submarine lol. Real stealth.

You may have to search for Amber LEDs or something like that.

Red LED's? That's cool! Pic, pic!

Yeah I don't like cold lights. Feels too...clinical.

Back