2017~2024 Installed Apple CarPlay. Street sign recognition doesnt work

:
Carless
Installed Apple CarPlay. Street sign recognition doesnt work

I upgraded to software 70.xxx.100 then installed the apple CarPlay upgrade kit.

Now I have noticed so far my HUD does not read speed or traffic signs.

Does anyone know why?

I have a 2018 GT wPP.

Thanks

Last edited:
Carplay doesn't work with the HUD. You will need to use the system navigation for that.

I don't think that's OP was expecting Carplay to work with the HUD, and he never said anything to suggest that. It sounds to me like he's saying, after performing the upgrade, street sign detection is no longer working on the HUD, which has nothing to do with ACP.

I'd suggest you check the settings in the infotainment system: settings/safety/traffic sign recognition, and make sure that's checked (the vehicle may have to be running). If that's not it, I'd look to make sure you have the latest version of iOS (12.1), and if that fails, then maybe a restore factory settings on the Mazda under the safety tab (if there is a restore. It's available on a couple of pages). Good luck and let us know how you solved this.

Carplay shouldn't impact the street sign recognition one bit. I'd double check the system settings to see if it's enabled.

So Im an ass apparently I left the GPS card in the old usb unit. I moved it back to the car and all is well.

I literally thought the street sign reader was actually scanned by the computer and not GPS related.

Live and learn

I upgraded to software 70.xxx.100 then installed the apple CarPlay upgrade kit.

Now I have noticed so far my HUD does not read speed or traffic signs.

Does anyone know why?

I have a 2018 GT wPP.

Thanks
How did you get the upgrade? I have a 2018 CX-5 Touring and my dealer says it's not available yet. Maybe, he says, after November 20th.

Thanks.

How did you get the upgrade? I have a 2018 CX-5 Touring and my dealer says it's not available yet. Maybe, he says, after November 20th.

Thanks.

Bought it off eBay from a Mazda part dealer from Georgia and self installed. Took about 1.5 hours.

wait it's not read by the computer???
I mean they say "Traffic sign recoginition" one would think it's recognizing the traffic signs,
it's doesn't say "traffic sign display alert"

So I*m an ass apparently I left the GPS card in the old usb unit. I moved it back to the car and all is well.

I literally thought the street sign reader was actually scanned by the computer and not GPS related.

Live and learn

It's a combination of actually reading signs and using the GPS nav data. It should read the signs if possible but if not it should use the NAV speed limits. Sounds like yours still isn't reading signs.

Back