Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Passenger Airbag Light Staying On

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    136

    Passenger Airbag Light Staying On

    Anybody ever have the bright yellow passenger airbag light stay on?

    Driving down the road I heard a distinctive chime and didn't think anything of it.

    Then, a short while later, I noticed that the passenger airbag light was on. It's located in a dark strip just above the climate controls.

    Manual says if it stays on, take it in. Going to the dealer in the morning.

    Why does this stuff happen right before a long trip?

  2. #2
    My Way IS the Highway

    2018 CX-9 Signature Silver & 2007 CX-7 GT AWD Liq Platinum/Sand

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Suburban Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitwolf View Post
    Anybody ever have the bright yellow passenger airbag light stay on?

    Driving down the road I heard a distinctive chime and didn't think anything of it.

    Then, a short while later, I noticed that the passenger airbag light was on. It's located in a dark strip just above the climate controls.

    Manual says if it stays on, take it in. Going to the dealer in the morning.

    Why does this stuff happen right before a long trip?
    Isn't that the best time compared to being in the middle of one? Probably nothing serious... Good luck!

  3. #3
    2008.5 MGM MS3 rsvinylgraphics's Avatar
    Donated: $5


    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,081
    A common reason air bag warning lights come on is because something is interfering with the seat belt switch the sensor that detects if the belt is properly fastened

  4. #4
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    136
    To me: Duh.

    The airbag light stays on until someone sits in it.. which I suspected but the manual is not clear on this. The airbag light staying on was something I just never noticed.

    My wife's Toyota Venza is the opposite. When in the passenger seat, the ABS light is activated.

    The dimming and rebrightning of the Mazda ABS light is due to it adjusting to the fluctuation of natural light in the cabin. Ok then!

    On a side note, one thing my dealer does that I like: they text a link to a "transparancy video" during service. (Perhaps this is old news to some of you)

    It's a 30-60 sec video of the mechanic stating his name and a quick tour describing and showing the service being done (Oil drain, tire rotation etc) Me like!
    Last edited by Fruitwolf; 11-06-2018 at 12:29 PM.

  5. #5
    Grand Poobah tex2670's Avatar

    2012 CX-9 GT AWD, Copper Red/Sand

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitwolf View Post
    To me: Duh.

    The airbag light stays on until someone sits in it.. which I suspected but the manual is not clear on this. The airbag light staying on was something I just never noticed.

    My wife's Toyota Venza is the opposite. When in the passenger seat, the ABS light is activated.

    The dimming and rebrightning of the Mazda ABS light is due to it adjusting to the fluctuation of natural light in the cabin. Ok then!

    On a side note, one thing my dealer does that I like: they text a link to a "transparancy video" during service. (Perhaps this is old news to some of you)

    It's a 30-60 sec video of the mechanic stating his name and a quick tour describing and showing the service being done (Oil drain, tire rotation etc) Me like!
    I feel your pain. I did that with a prior car--the key in that car, and here I suspect, is that the warning light was yellow, and not red.

  6. #6
    Registered Member

    2018 CX-9 SIGNATURE

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
    I feel your pain. I did that with a prior car--the key in that car, and here I suspect, is that the warning light was yellow, and not red.
    It is indeed yellow Tex.

Similar Threads

  1. PAssenger airbag light ON
    By rs657f in forum Mazda CX-7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 11:11 AM
  2. Passenger AirBag Light (im so confused)
    By fr0zenalive in forum Mazda3 Infotainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2014, 08:28 PM
  3. Passenger Airbag Light
    By bacarl in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 03:17 PM
  4. Passenger Airbag Light Removal????
    By lestat13 in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 05:28 PM
  5. passenger airbag light
    By newcar in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 04:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •