Cx-5 GT 2018 taillight (LED)

vincegli

:
Cx-5 GT 2018
Hi,
my girlfriend broke the driver taillight side assembly (light and the other part in the trunk). I'm having a hard time to find a new one to a reasonable price. The shipping cost and import fees are really high (all over 475 Can$ without the trunk light). So far I have not found an aftermarker one. There are all seem to be non-led model. Do you have any recommandations?

Thank you for your help

Hi,
my girlfriend broke the driver taillight side assembly (light and the other part in the trunk). I'm having a hard time to find a new one to a reasonable price. The shipping cost and import fees are really high (all over 475 Can$ without the trunk light). So far I have not found an aftermarker one. There are all seem to be non-led model. Do you have any recommandations?

Thank you for your help

This is true for Gen 1 2016 but see if it applies to 2018.
I did see some on eBay that were aftermarket. Should cost $250+ but not as high as $450. I am not sure about long life but it seems they hold up well. Here is what I would do - search for CX5 LED Tail lights on eBay. There is one that is styled like VW - I like those about $300. See if you like them and buy them. Sell your passenger side on eBay or to body shops - lot of demand for used tail lights as accidents happen and insurance companies can legally used an older headlight to save money and they do - I guess you should recoup about $100 for older ones. Good luck.

Hi,

Thank you for your help
Not much you can do about this as your 2018 CX-5 is too new to have any aftermarket imitation coming out, especially on more expensive LED lights. Wait until you break your LED headlights, and these would cost you $1,200+ each!

Back