Sound deadening my car

:
Mazda 5
Mazda5 has poor sound insulation compare with my other cars, I am putting new speakers anyway, so trying to get rid of the road noise

30c58ci.jpg

First time doing this kind of stuff, not perfect at all

34rw2oh.jpg

I got these mat for cheap, so why not? engine sound comes out from both fender and grill, so I don't suggest anyone to do it unless you have nothing better to do.

2hhmx6f.jpg

Mazda5 has poor sound insulation compare with my other cars, I am putting new speakers anyway, so trying to get rid of the road noise

30c58ci.jpg

First time doing this kind of stuff, not perfect at all

34rw2oh.jpg

I got these mat for cheap, so why not? engine sound comes out from both fender and grill, so I don't suggest anyone to do it unless you have nothing better to do.

2hhmx6f.jpg

Looking Good!

Did you happen to take any measurements of the roadnoise so that you can compare before and after?

Also be sure to go over all of the door seals with some rubber cleaner and fresh silicone lubricant to keep the seals pliable and keeping a good seal for keeping out the road noise.

PS>>> I love your seats! Very cool!

Maybe I put too much pads on the door, now the panels won't fit lol, going to rip some out this week.

I will do the wheel wells as well later when swapping new rims, as I see the door pads won't eliminate engine or road noise, only help the door speakers sound.

When I buy a new Toyota Sienna, after the new design comes, and dump my Mazda5 for good, that will be true sound insulation

I've tried this many times over the years... Insulation can cut down some airborne road noise, but I suspect the bulk of it comes from the suspension mount points that directly transfer vibration to the chasis - probably not much can be done about that. With quite a bit of MLV on the floor, mine is decently quiet on good highways. But the rough ones are still perfectly intrusive :) Plus, once you reduce the road noise, wind noise seems to take its place.
I still adore the way the car handles corners, every single day I'm behind the wheel. To the point where I'm having a hard time picking the replacement, something that handles this good with solid reliability and much better noise insulation. Or I'll just get a miata and offset the noise with even more fun :)

Don't forget to add insulation matt to the foof.
I also removed all the seats, and carpet and put that material on all the floor, helps a lot.

Back