Roof molding trim removal?

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Any tips on removing the roof molding trim pieces? My wife's 2014 apparently has tons of organic junk from trees and other debris caught under the roof gutter molding inserts (no roof rack). Every time I wash the car the pressure washer kicks out a bunch of junk from underneath those trim pieces, so I'd like to remove them completely and clean everything out really well. Car has 85K miles and I'm sure that's never been done. I just don't want to risk breaking anything.

It comes out really easily as I removed mine when taking OEM roof racks off and replacing the cut ones. It's only like 4 small plastic clips holding it in place. they slide, so make sure you get them spaced out right, or remember about where they were before. Only advise I can give is just be careful and don't force them up as they bend really easily. I'm sure you're right with a lot of debris under there, though, as mine were removed at only 500 miles and there was a few leaf particles and dirt under there already. How they get under the seal so easily I don't know...

Back