Does your alarm get triggered when open the door lock with inside switch?

HanchenLi

:
CX-5
I have a 2016 CX-5.
I just wanted to test the alarm system today.
I moved the windows down a little bit, locked the car, reached the inside door lock from outside and unlocked the car.
The car just unlocked and the reading light ins on.

Is the alarm system supposed to be triggered on such situation?
Also, my car don't have keyless entry, so I assume it cannot detect my key fob near the car.

I have a 2016 CX-5.
I just wanted to test the alarm system today.
I moved the windows down a little bit, locked the car, reached the inside door lock from outside and unlocked the car.
The car just unlocked and the reading light ins on.

Is the alarm system supposed to be triggered on such situation?
Also, my car don't have keyless entry, so I assume it cannot detect my key fob near the car.

What alarm did you install?

My early 1990s eclipse behaved in this manner. If you unlocked the car via an open window after locking it from the outside it would trigger the alarm system.

Even starting the car didnt override the alarm system. I had to lock-unlock the car in the proper procedure.

Ive never tried to see if this is so on any subsequent vehicles because the situation was embarrassing enough the first time around.

Last edited:
I did the same thing once on my wife's CR-V. Drivers window was rolled down but all doors were locked. I reached in and tried to unlock the drivers door by flipping the unlock button on the armrest. The horn went off and the lights starting flashing, etc. She only has the regular alarm, nothing extra.

I would think the CX-5 would basically do the same thing, I'll have to try it.

85533049.gif

I did the same thing once on my wife's CR-V. Drivers window was rolled down but all doors were locked. I reached in and tried to unlock the drivers door by flipping the unlock button on the armrest. The horn went off and the lights starting flashing, etc. She only has the regular alarm, nothing extra.

I would think the CX-5 would basically do the same thing, I'll have to try it.

Yes. Exactly what I am expecting. When I was a child, I had such experience with my farther's 2003 mazda 6 without any after market modification. I assumed any cars would have it since then.
Guess my 2016 cx-5 doesn't have it.
Also, my friend's civic doesn't have it either.

Yes. Exactly what I am expecting. When I was a child, I had such experience with my farther's 2003 mazda 6 without any after market modification. I assumed any cars would have it since then.
Guess my 2016 cx-5 doesn't have it.
Also, my friend's civic doesn't have it either.

Factory alarms are rare in the US now. A few years back some major metros (like NYC) debated making them illegal because they were a nuisance. Since then most of the makers have stopped offering it except as a dealer option.

Back