2015 CX 5 GT I need your help

Wolf_

:
CX 5 GT
Hello, Mazda community!

I need your help to find out what is wrong with my CX 5.

I have 2015 Mazda CX 5 GT AWD Technology pack. In which I recently replaced an engine because the old one had a hydrolock due to flooding. The car itself wasn't flooded. It used to stay on the hill tilted, the wave hit it few times and the water reached inside the intake manifold and when my family member tried to start the engine the water get inside the engine and damaged the pistons. Long story short I swapped the engine with the same one but lower miles. Everything supposed to be fine but after I put everything back together and started the engine it used to run great for about 10 - 15 seconds and then stopped. I tried to start it a few times and every time the same result. No check engine light is on but when I plugged a code reader I got this results.
P2119
P2109
P061B
What do you think might be the problem? Maybe I need to recalibrate the throttle body and the pedal sensor? Or it is something more problematic?
I appreciate your time guys, I really need your help to solve this problem and finish fixing the car. Thank you!

Hello, Mazda community!

I need your help to find out what is wrong with my CX 5.

I have 2015 Mazda CX 5 GT AWD Technology pack. In which I recently replaced an engine because the old one had a hydrolock due to flooding. The car itself wasn't flooded. It used to stay on the hill tilted, the wave hit it few times and the water reached inside the intake manifold and when my family member tried to start the engine the water get inside the engine and damaged the pistons. Long story short I swapped the engine with the same one but lower miles. Everything supposed to be fine but after I put everything back together and started the engine it used to run great for about 10 - 15 seconds and then stopped. I tried to start it a few times and every time the same result. No check engine light is on but when I plugged a code reader I got this results.
P2119
P2109
P061B
What do you think might be the problem? Maybe I need to recalibrate the throttle body and the pedal sensor? Or it is something more problematic?
I appreciate your time guys, I really need your help to solve this problem and finish fixing the car. Thank you!

Man, I dunno. You got water up to the windshield is what you're telling us, and no clue what all was jacked up by that.

The codes seem to point towards recalibration, but I would talk to a Mazda tech and confirm. What else have you replaced, besides the engine? Have you checked out everything else that could have been damaged by the water (MAF sensor, alternator, etc)?

P2119 DTC P2119:00 Throttle valve actuator control throttle body range/performance problem
possibly damaged sensor/terminals/ throttle pedal input
P2109 DTC P2109:00 TP (throttle plate) sensor minimum stop range/performance problem
P061B DTC P061B:00 Internal control module torque calculation performance problem
(likely a result of the throttle body problems)

Looks like throttle body/sensor problems.. if waster was high enough to enter the intake, likely it was in the entire engine bay.. check to make sure something isn't keeping the throttle plate from moving firstly, then you may way to clean any and all connectors you can reach, for starters.

Send me your email address I'll send you a copy of the workshop manual which details the causes/conditions/ etc for all DTC codes in the ECU

Man, I dunno. You got water up to the windshield is what you're telling us, and no clue what all was jacked up by that.

Thank you for the replay.

The codes seem to point towards recalibration, but I would talk to a Mazda tech and confirm. What else have you replaced, besides the engine? Have you checked out everything else that could have been damaged by the water (MAF sensor, alternator, etc)?

The engine with all sensors and the throttle body.

Everything else looks fine. No visible damage, all wirings are dry. According to the research which I did, I'm thinking about recalibration as well but I would like to hear from people with more experience than I have.

P2119 DTC P2119:00 Throttle valve actuator control throttle body range/performance problem
possibly damaged sensor/terminals/ throttle pedal input
P2109 DTC P2109:00 TP (throttle plate) sensor minimum stop range/performance problem
P061B DTC P061B:00 Internal control module torque calculation performance problem
(likely a result of the throttle body problems)

Looks like throttle body/sensor problems.. if waster was high enough to enter the intake, likely it was in the entire engine bay.. check to make sure something isn't keeping the throttle plate from moving firstly, then you may way to clean any and all connectors you can reach, for starters.

Send me your email address I'll send you a copy of the workshop manual which details the causes/conditions/ etc for all DTC codes in the ECU

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I replaced the throttle body as well (It came with the engine) and before installation, I cleaned it.

Here is a small update to the situation.

Today I tried to start the car again. The same scenario runs for about 10 - 15 seconds and then stops. So I tried to help the engine little bit and pushed throttle pedal, I felt that pedal and throttle body doesn't respond synchronized. Because of that, I believe that the car needs recalibration. Here what happened next, as soon as engine get a little bit warmer and the cold engine sign went off I released the pedal and the car was able to hold the rpm and idle, with misfire but idle. Then I let it cool down and started the car again, the same result, runs for 10 - 15 seconds and stops.

So here is the conclusion, when the car is cold it can't idle when the car is warm it can idle but with misfire. I even was able to drive it for few feet out of the garage and then back.

After all, I plugged the scanner again and checked codes. All old codes still present but I got new ones.

P011A
P0171
P0101
P0123

But here is the thing. I can erase all of this codes except of first 3 (P2119, P2109, P061B) which are permanent. I assume that the rest of the codes I got only because the engine doesn't work properly.

P.S can anyone tell me which is good but not to an expensive programming tool? I know Launch X431 and Autel but both are kinda expensive. Or maybe you can advise me programming soft for a laptop?

Thank you again everyone!!!

Back