Just bought 2019 CX9 GT - OEM floor mats too costlly - any suggestions?

Hi,
I just bought Just bought 2019 CX9 GT.

I felt the OEM floor mats are too pricey and also doesnt cover the 2nd row hump - any good but budget friendly suggestions?

Amazon has "https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)" for $186.97.

1. Does it work on 2019 too?
2. Any other suggestions?

Regards,
-Avi

I purchased these for my 2019 GT and they worked perfectly. I didn't go with all 3 rows (just the first 2) and their cargo liner. They were significantly less than the weather techs or OEM and were very nice. They fit perfectly.

Check out 3D MAXpider - very nice fit.

Do you have them? Can you kindly add pics?

Checking on Amazon - some of the reviewers noted

- does not fit well. it's curls and does not sit flat , have to keep adjusting. no way keep it attached to when third seat is up. some sort of velcro strap perhaps to keep it upright not deep enough for large spill. my small cooler leaked water and water did not stay inside.

- Kind of fits. Width is about 1/2" too wide. I trimmed it at the corner of the wheel wells. The 3rd row is complicated... The seats do not pivot at the bottom, so they are longer folded down than up. This is why the factory mat is in separate pieces. I cut this one so it overlaps at the joint. This way it doesn't stick up past the seat in the upright position. Of course this compromises the liquid spill tray, as does cutting holes for the seat levers. Despite all of this, I like the look and the price of this mat better than the OEM. [Have pics showing what this reviewer means]

For cargo liner did you buy "https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)"?

How does it hold while 3rd row is up?

Can u kindly add any pics?

Yes, that is the one I purchased, and it fits perfectly. When the third row is up, it folds, and stays put but it isn't perfect. I am going to attach it with some velcro so that when the third row is up if holds a little better, but it is flexible enough to allow the seats to move up without removing the liner. I was originally thinking of cutting it and retrofitting it to the back of the third row in order to allow for it to easily go up and down, but I did not have to do that.

I won't be able to add any photos... sorry.

How often are you planning on using the third row? I use it very sparingly, so it doesn't impact me much. I use the cargo area much more than the third row.

Hi,
I just bought Just bought 2019 CX9 GT.

I felt the OEM floor mats are too pricey and also doesnt cover the 2nd row hump - any good but budget friendly suggestions?

Amazon has "https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)" for $186.97.

1. Does it work on 2019 too?
2. Any other suggestions?

Regards,
-Avi

i bought the maxpider set for the front middle & 3rd row floors, the middle & 3rd row floor mats are one piece & cover the middle hump (they are like weather tech mats). for the cargo area i bought maxpider mat.it does have a crease area so if you put up the 3rd row, you have to just push a little on the crease & it will fold in. it does have an area for the handles on the back of the 3rd row seats, that you can cut out to access the handles (cutting them is an option). here is link to cargo area mat & floor mats,

I don't see why they wouldn't fit since i can't see anything saying they changed they layout for the interior of the 2019 models. Though if you use the "does this fit" on the Amazon website, what i bought says no to 2019. Maybe they haven't made units for 2019

cargo area - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

floor mats - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
I have the OEM rubber mats. Fit and quality is excellent. Also have the rear cargo rubber mat which was purchased from Mazdaswag.com (good price and smooth experience). Well worth the money.

I too second the Maxpider 3D... Very nice set, prefer them over the Weather-Techs. I went with the the third row set and I think those are crap, fit wise they barely cover the relevant bits

Maxpider cargo liner.....Does if fold up easily to get to the cargo compartment in the back?
...Does it cover the gap between folded 2nd row & folded 3rd row seats?
...How's the traction for doggie paws?
...How cleanable is it? Some textured items are difficult to get clean.

Some sellers on eBay beat Amazon by 9 or 10 bucks and maybe don't charge sales tax.

Though if you use the "does this fit" on the Amazon website, what i bought says no to 2019. Maybe they haven't made units for 2019
It can take time for all the model-year fitment to get updated. If the factory mat part numbers are the same, we know that nothing changed.

Last edited:
I bought the three row Smarliner set from Amazon and really like it. The first and second row mats fit like a glove. The third row slides around a good bit, but it was enough to keep my mother in-law's muddy feet off the carpets. I also bought the Maxliner trunk liner and am equally happy with it.

Both the floor mats and trunk liner have prevented dirt, mud, sand, and grime inside the vehicle. Worth every penny.

Do you have them? Can you kindly add pics?

Sorry, I do not on the CX-9, but did on previously owned CX-5 and thought they were great, so was recommending them on past use. I happen to have two sets of normal OEM carpet mats (ok for FL weather) so just sporting those for now. I see others have chimed in though, and have had similar positive experiences. One other often seen comment (or complaint) is the emblem - can't remove it - but they are really nice liners just the same.

Seems there is not a lot of enthusiasm for Weather Tech, but I am very pleased. I just ordered 1st & 2nd row mats, and the cargo liner for 3rd row down; the fit for all is excellent. I am most pleased however with the color Cocoa, and how well it compliments the Signature interior. I encourage anyone with a Signature to consider it... its is a great look.

Maxpider cargo liner.....Does if fold up easily to get to the cargo compartment in the back?

Some sellers on eBay beat Amazon by 9 or 10 bucks and maybe don't charge sales tax.

It can take time for all the model-year fitment to get updated. If the factory mat part numbers are the same, we know that nothing changed.

Awesome point "It can take time for all the model-year fitment to get updated. If the factory mat part numbers are the same, we know that nothing changed."

Looks like on Mazda site, the part numbers for floor mats for 2018 and 2019 are same - so I think it should be safe to buy the 2018 fit ones.

- I don't believe that it does cover the gap. I'm pretty sure I've had some groceries fall down in that gap since I got the liner. Still worth it though.
- Traction for dog paws would be good. It's a rough rubber liner will edges so water will pool up at the edges.
- Very cleanable. I've sprayed mine off several times after long trips. Worst part is finding somewhere flat to let it dry.

Anyone have the 3D MAXpider on their 2018 Mazda CX9 / CX5? I would like some pictures if possible and some feedback on quality and fitment.

Anyone have the 3D MAXpider on their 2018 Mazda CX9 / CX5? I would like some pictures if possible and some feedback on quality and fitment.

I got them from amazon. Fitment is ok in general but for the third row I had to cut a piece. It was getting stuck in the rails when pushing the 2nd row right seat back and forth. They looks good when clean but after 3 months of use they are getting stained. I like the fact that for the second and third rows it is just want piece, so, there is no gap for dirt and dust to get under the mats but when cleaning it is a PITA to take them off the car without making a mess. I use a vacuum before removing them. They are very thin and not heavy and, since they are molded it covers the sides pretty well.

I got them from amazon. Fitment is ok in general but for the third row I had to cut a piece. It was getting stuck in the rails when pushing the 2nd row right seat back and forth. They looks good when clean but after 3 months of use they are getting stained. I like the fact that for the second and third rows it is just want piece, so, there is no gap for dirt and dust to get under the mats but when cleaning it is a PITA to take them off the car without making a mess. I use a vacuum before removing them. They are very thin and not heavy and, since they are molded it covers the sides pretty well.

Thanks that does not sound promising. Maybe ill go for the heavy duty husky mats.

Back