De-Badge

:
2018 Mazda CX-9 GT
I have the Blue Mica 2018 CX-9 and I'm considering de-badging the back so it looks cleaner. I'm all about minimalism and simplicity, which is why all the chrome on the outside kinda drives me insane lol. Just curious has anyone removed all the badges or know which badges I can and can't remove because I remember seeing somewhere one of them exposes a hole on the trunk.

I agree with you on the aesthetic of a body panel clean of emblems. But when I went to remove my CX9 emblem at the bottom left of my hatch, I found the emblem has the two posts that actually go into the body panel. I didn't try the Skyactiv emblem because if I couldn't easily remove both, I wouldn't bother removing either.

I agree with you on the aesthetic of a body panel clean of emblems. But when I went to remove my CX9 emblem at the bottom left of my hatch, I found the emblem has the two posts that actually go into the body panel. I didn't try the Skyactiv emblem because if I couldn't easily remove both, I wouldn't bother removing either.

Ya I was thinking about it some more, I may just remove them still and cover them up with new metal sports team logos (red sox, patriots, bruins, celtics) so it still covers the holes.

I like the Mazda badge and CX-9 emblem but I could do without the SkyActiv badge. Over time, these types of badges that denote
features often look silly.

Funny looking at old cars with badging for such things as "fuel injection" or "ABS", LOL.

100% of Mazda's have SkyActiv tech so why the badge?

That is weird because I'm looking at people debadging mazda3 without this issue. Can someone take a picture of how large the holes are?

I took the skyactiv badge off of the trunk on my (2017) 6. Came off no problem. It's just a sticky backed thing. No holes.
I bought chrome letters G and T at a parts store and put them where the skyactiv badge was.
Some will think it's corny, but I like it.

I like the Mazda badge and CX-9 emblem but I could do without the SkyActiv badge. Over time, these types of badges that denote
features often look silly.

Funny looking at old cars with badging for such things as "fuel injection" or "ABS", LOL.

100% of Mazda's have SkyActiv tech so why the badge?

"G-Vectoring Control" is an alphabet soup and GVC looks too much like the shopping channel !

Funny, I remember back when the CX-7s were first released and many were bummed that there was no Turbo badge; there were even some who appropriated the Acura RDX "Turbo" (I believe) badges to add on to help with the bragging rights. Someone commented in another thread about the desire to remove the badges on floor mats? Personally, I'm not that fixated on things other than Dealer decals and license frames; those I look to eliminate.

Someone commented in another thread about the desire to remove the badges on floor mats? Personally, I'm not that fixated on things other than Dealer decals and license frames; those I look to eliminate.

Funny you mention that, but I'm the same way. First thing I do on a vehicle is remove all dealer badging/stickers/emblems.
My car came with the dealer name on the license frame things, which I removed on day one.
Also, speaking of stickers/emblems, when I got my Pathfinder back in 2002, it had no badging on the back hatch, so I got an AWD emblem, as well as the 3.5L emblem, and stuck them on.
Seemed like a good idea back then...lol

I did the same thing within a day. Removed ugly dealer decal as well as plate frames. Got nice plane frames.

I took the skyactiv badge off of the trunk on my (2017) 6. Came off no problem. It's just a sticky backed thing. No holes.
I bought chrome letters G and T at a parts store and put them where the skyactiv badge was.

Glad to know the Skyactiv badge is easily removed. That's what I get for getting annoyed and not taking the time to even try. I'm gonna go take that ugly hunk of plastic off right now.

I used color matched vinyl stickers to cover the holes. They were around $40 for a card with precut shapes.

Picture?

I'll have to figure that out.
Ever since photobucket died, I have not hosted or posted any pictures.
Any tips on how to post pics these days? Tx.
Also, the weather here has been horrible and my car looks like s***. Dirt and salt all over it. Any pic will look like crap.
I'm ashamed of how it looks right now, but the bad weather prevents me from getting it washed.

De Badge

Thanks Dimondz ..... even though I love my V6 high output badge .. Im looking for something in the future to fill in the gap ......

Glad to know the Skyactiv badge is easily removed. That's what I get for getting annoyed and not taking the time to even try. I'm gonna go take that ugly hunk of plastic off right now.

Did you remove the Skyactiv badge? I would like to make sure there are no holes.

Looking at this applique replacement part, there doesnt seem to be a hole. Im curious to find out for sure from the ones that debadged
e6a201abdb808fc2ed25f36b50bb18d1.png

https://www.mazdapartstaxi.com/oem-...pr?c=bT0xJmw9OCZuPVJlY29tbWVuZGVkIFByb2R1Y3Rz

So @acbgoldie is there a hole or not?

NM. Just saw your post, excellent write up, sucks that there are holes

Last edited:
The 2016# skyactive badge is stuck on by 2 prongs. Much like the M in the rear! Just a heads up. I just tried!

Back