Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wished my CX-5 worked as well as my Yeti

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    And $150 to install it all
    Love mazda dealer.
    Wait....$430 + $150? So $580? Cheaper than around here, sure, but seems less a deal now.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 79k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member
    Donated: $15

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Yeah the MSRP for Mazda Value oil filter PE01-14-302A-MV is $5.95. Most Mazda dealers sell OEM parts at MSRP to retail but some greedy ones add 10%~25% markup to MSRP. My Mazda dealer sells OEM parts at MSRP to retail, and 20%~25% off MSRP to business accounts.
    I went to a local Mazda dealer this morning looking for an oil filter. I asked the parts guy if he had any Thailand built filters, he said yes, he usually keeps 1 or 2 around which peaked my curiosity. I asked them if they can still be ordered and he said yes, just let him know when and how many and he'd order them. It was 2 bucks more than the Value filter but they're worth it.
    Also had contact with these folks, they assure me they have the Thailand filters.
    https://www.prioritymazdaparts.com/o...lter-1wpe14302
    Last edited by madar; 12-01-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Wished my CX-5 worked as well as my Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Yeah the MSRP for Mazda Value oil filter PE01-14-302A-MV is $5.95. Most Mazda dealers sell OEM parts at MSRP to retail but some greedy ones add 10%~25% markup to MSRP. My Mazda dealer sells OEM parts at MSRP to retail, and 20%~25% off MSRP to business accounts.
    I went to a local Mazda dealer this morning looking for an oil filter. I asked the parts guy if he had any Thailand built filters, he said yes, he usually keeps 1 or 2 around which peaked my curiosity. I asked them if they can still be ordered and he said yes, just let him know when and how many and he'd order them. It was 2 bucks more than the Value filter but they're worth it.
    Also had contact with these folks, they assure me they have the Thailand filters.
    https://www.prioritymazdaparts.com/o...lter-1wpe14302
    Every Mazda dealer can get "Standard" line of OEM maintenance parts such as 1WPE-14-302 Thai filter which is made by Denso with excellent quality. It'd be my choice of OEM oil filter after my stock of Tokyo Roki Japanese filter runs out. I'm not interested getting Mazda's "Value" line maintenance parts even though they're cheaper. Especially from your experience of using PE01-14-302A-MV Mexican filter where the quality seems to be inconsistent. Be aware though Thai filter has a bit smaller outer diameter and the "cap" oil filter wrench I use for Japanese filter wouldn't work anymore.

I can never understand why Mazda created "Value" line maintenance parts. Mazda is the only auto maker in the US offering a second line of OEM maintenance parts by manufacture with lower price and different quality. People who are interested in OEM maintenance parts are looking for the best possible quality, and price is not the subject unless it's outrageous!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123