Thread: CarPlay and Android Auto Volume Level Changing

Registered Member

2016 CX-9 Signature/2015 CX-5 Touring/2013 MX-5 GT PRHT

CarPlay and Android Auto Volume Level Changing

I have Mazda's retrofit kit installed for awhile now. Other passengers and myself notice that when playing Spotify or Pandora music in CarPlay or Android Auto mode, the volume decreases by itself over some unknown amount of time, but the volume level or indicator stays the same.

Example: I have the volume set to 7. After awhile it plays as if though the volume is a 3 or 4.

The solution is to turn the volume knob up again or if I am using navigation, wait for the navi to give guidance and then the audio volume seems to re-correct itself.

There's no difference if I am using Bose CenterPoint or AutoPilot or not. It doesn't seem to behave this way when using the radio in Mazda Connect.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues on their retrofit kit installed Mazda?
    Last edited by dzo88; 10-29-2018 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Added additional details and question.

2018 Mazda CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by dzo88 View Post
    I have Mazda's retrofit kit installed for awhile now. Other passengers and myself notice that when playing Spotify or Pandora music in CarPlay or Android Auto mode, the volume decreases by itself over some unknown amount of time, but the volume level or indicator stays the same.

Example: I have the volume set to 7. After awhile it plays as if though the volume is a 3 or 4.

The solution is to turn the volume knob up again or if I am using navigation, wait for the navi to give guidance and then the audio volume seems to re-correct itself.

There's no difference if I am using Bose CenterPoint or AutoPilot or not. It doesn't seem to behave this way when using the radio in Mazda Connect.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues on their retrofit kit installed Mazda?
    So far all the responses i've seen about retro fits in the USA is that they haven't' started it yet. Where did you get it installed? There have been some posts about doing a dyi reftrofit

2016 CX-5AWD GT+Tech/ 2018 CX-9AWD GT

I have the kit installed and have not experienced this issue. I've got the kit running in both a CX-5 & CX-9, the volume on both is steady.
    Which system firmware are you running? I had a few glitches with 70.00.021, but since installing 70.00.100 I've seen no issues.

Registered Member

2016 CX-9 Signature/2015 CX-5 Touring/2013 MX-5 GT PRHT

Quote Originally Posted by Srad600 View Post
    I have the kit installed and have not experienced this issue. I've got the kit running in both a CX-5 & CX-9, the volume on both is steady.
    Which system firmware are you running? I had a few glitches with 70.00.021, but since installing 70.00.100 I've seen no issues.
    I have the latest 70.00.100 installed as well. I am doubting it's a wiring issue because everything is working fine... the system is charging and detecting the phone.

Registered Member

2017 Crystal Mica Blue GT CX9

Quote Originally Posted by dzo88 View Post
    I have the latest 70.00.100 installed as well. I am doubting it's a wiring issue because everything is working fine... the system is charging and detecting the phone.
    Adding to my .02, the muted volume condition is intermittent on my AA+7/100 sw as well. It seems to be a result of conflicts between Google's notification process and Mazda's system. For example, if you have G maps running and a turn comes up while playing music, it reduces the vehicles overall volume, except for the driver's side and then restores music playback afterward. It looks like your's may not be recovering