Protege5 factory sunroof drain tubes.

JazzySP20

Madaz
:
AUSTRALIA
:
BJII Astina SP20
Where exactly does the 4 drain tubes for the sunroof exit a Protg5 cabin? We (Australia) didn't get factory sunroof, and I'm looking for info and hopefully some photos of the exact holes/openings the drain tubes were fed through on the P5's with a factory fitted sunroof.

I have seen aftermarket sunroof installs and they have basically drilled a big hole for the tubes behind the front kick panels, and behind the rear wheel arch!! I don't think this is how the factory did it. Is it??

Obviously the car would have to be stripped of all it's kick panels and rear cabin plastics to get a photo, so hopefully there's someone who already has a stripped car that can help me.

This is all I got...

I would think the holes through the body would be there whether you have a sunroof or not. I'm sure they weren't drilling holes in the factory.
There might be a plug or tape over the hole for your version.

Exit is there under the larger vent. Ugh forgive rust.
98fc7699fa380c0e2a21aee9a8d37cae.jpg

Thanks PCB and horseflesh. (drinks)
100% clear on the rear tube exit location now. Under the rear bar. That photo helped a lot! (and scared the s*** outta me too (eek)) .
(P.S. I NEVER ever want to live in the northern hemisphere!! (headshake )

Still not 100% on the front though. Guessing it's somewhere at the bottom of the B pillar. Probably behind the front 1/4 panel.

I was at a pick-a-part yesterday and came across a BJII Protg with an aftermarket (Hollandia/Webasto 700) sunroof. Cost me $55 in total. The car had a total of 65'000 km's (about 40'500 miles) and was like brand new on the inside. I kid you not, it had a pristine interior, cleanest engine bay, and a top condition exterior apart from the damaged area at the rear! It had been in a (smallish) rear ender and written off. Oh, and not even the tiniest dot of rust ANYWHERE!! (yes)

Oh, also looking for a photo of the sunroof control switch please?

Last edited:
Here's the control switch.

One switch is for tilt and the other retracts the sunroof.

Cheers, PCB. How is it mounted to the liner? Or is it screwed into a some bracket?

So the switch doesn't have any writing on it (Tilt-Open-Close)?
Thanks for your help PCB.

Now to figure out how to get my hands on a good condition P5 S/R switch, plus about a minimum of 4" of the attached harness to Australia!?? (huh)

Cheers, PCB. How is it mounted to the liner? Or is it screwed into a some bracket?

Cheers.
It is clipped in to a metal bracket...

So the switch doesn't have any writing on it (Tilt-Open-Close)?
Thanks for your help PCB.

No problem..

The switch has writing but I posted a shity picture.

Now to figure out how to get my hands on a good condition P5 S/R switch, plus about a minimum of 4" of the attached harness to Australia!?? (huh)

I'll give you mine but I don't think to want it...
The headliner has a big "detent" to make room for the motor and the switch.
Your headliner is probably flush with the roof.
I'm pretty sure the factory switch is too "thick" to install in your car.

I think you should install your sunroof switch here.. It's not factory but it's nice and neat.

Thanks for going to all that trouble PCB. Appreciate it.

The Australian BJ Astina has a "detent" between the sun visors, similar to yours. Not sure if it is the same height though.

The Australian 626 of the same years had sunroof as a factory option. Looks exactly as the photo you posted. And I think I may have sorted a factory switch locally. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks again for all the help.

Back