2018 CX-9 Wouldn't Start

:
CX-9
Got in my 2018 Grand Touring last weekend and it wouldn't start. I had used it multiple times that day and all was well. I pushed the start button and there was a slight click, all the electric came on fine, but it wouldn't start. Every warning imaginable flashed on the screen. It started with something like "Keyless Start Malfunction" followed by many many others. Tried multiple times, same thing. Got out, locked the car, unlocked the car, tried again, same thing. Switched keys, same thing. Weird thing was that all electric worked, AC came on, lights lit up, windows worked, EXCEPT I couldn't open the trunk.

I took a different car, went out to dinner, got home 90 minutes later and it started right up and all was well. Later that night I started it again and it started fine except the nav screen never came on. I pulled over, turned it off and turned it back on and it was fine. Been fine all week since.

Anyone ever have this happen?

Last edited:
on my sister's cx-5 apparently the adapter she was using in her cigarette outlet was holding power and that was causing the fuse to trip and not start the car randomly. are you using something in your cigarette outlets?

With almost 2 yrs of ownership it (blank nav screen) has only happened maybe twice or three times...didn't bother bringing it to dealership since it rarely happens. I could get the firmware updated but am too lazy to do it plus the existing firmware so far has held up for almost 2yrs!

I do have something plugged into one of the power ports, but no fuse has tripped. It fixed itself after 90 minutes or so.

If it threw a code, does anyone know how long they will be stored in the computer?

Back