Wanna lower your Gen2 CX-9?

sm1ke

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Contributor
:
Canada
For those looking to lower their 2016+ CX-9s, I came across these guys in Japan: SunWorks309

DdUrsEMVMAA0iaF.jpg:large

images

attachment.php

IMG_8816-1.jpg
attachment.php

IMG_8840.jpg

Personally, it's a little lower than I would like, but I still think it looks badass. When I first saw this, I sent multiple emails to get more information. Here's what they told me.

The suspension on their CX-9 uses adjustable coilovers up front and lowering springs in the rear. It costs 278,000 Japanese Yen (not including shipping). Each set is made to order, so turnaround time is about 2 months. I asked if they would be able to provide just lowering springs for the front and rear, and they said they don't do that.

If you've got $2,500 USD to spend and want to lower your CX-9, this seems to be one of our only options right now. I'm not willing to spend that much, but in case someone else is willing, I figured I'd post it here. For $2,500 USD you could probably get decent air suspension, but it would also likely be a one-off set, so who knows how much more it could cost. The air compressors also take away from the already limited cargo space.

Also, in one of their blog posts they talk about the wheels (Vossen HF-1) and the camber. They wrote that the wheels are 22x12, but Vossen doesn't offer the HF-1 in 22x12 on their website. They are likely 22x11 ET25 to ET35. Natural camber after lowering to that height is -5 up front and -6 in the rear. They also wrote that they can build front camber arms and that they already have adjustable upper arms installed in the rear.

Come on CorkSport, produce some lowering springs or coilovers! lol

For those looking to lower their 2016+ CX-9s, I came across these guys in Japan: SunWorks309

DdUrsEMVMAA0iaF.jpg:large

images

attachment.php

View attachment 219836
attachment.php

View attachment 219837

Personally, it's a little lower than I would like, but I still think it looks badass. When I first saw this, I sent multiple emails to get more information. Here's what they told me.

The suspension on their CX-9 uses adjustable coilovers up front and lowering springs in the rear. It costs 278,000 Japanese Yen (not including shipping). Each set is made to order, so turnaround time is about 2 months. I asked if they would be able to provide just lowering springs for the front and rear, and they said they don't do that.

If you've got $2,500 USD to spend and want to lower your CX-9, this seems to be one of our only options right now. I'm not willing to spend that much, but in case someone else is willing, I figured I'd post it here. For $2,500 USD you could probably get decent air suspension, but it would also likely be a one-off set, so who knows how much more it could cost. The air compressors also take away from the already limited cargo space.

Also, in one of their blog posts they talk about the wheels (Vossen HF-1) and the camber. They wrote that the wheels are 22x12, but Vossen doesn't offer the HF-1 in 22x12 on their website. They are likely 22x11 ET25 to ET35. Natural camber after lowering to that height is -5 up front and -6 in the rear. They also wrote that they can build front camber arms and that they already have adjustable upper arms installed in the rear.

Come on CorkSport, produce some lowering springs or coilovers! lol
I have @squeakycleanair in Toronto Ontario doing coil overs for me. Also had the option to bag it. I'll upload picture when its done. These guys know their stuff and offer full warranty.

I have @squeakycleanair in Toronto Ontario doing coil overs for me. Also had the option to bag it. I'll upload picture when its done. These guys know their stuff and offer full warranty.

Oooh, definitely interested in seeing how everything turns out!

I couldn't find anything with @squeakycleanair. Did you mean @squeakycleanrides on Instagram? Website is squeakycleanstyle.com?

Having a Canadian option would be great. I was considering Ceika because they offer free worldwide shipping, but they are pricey.

Oooh, definitely interested in seeing how everything turns out!

I couldn't find anything with @squeakycleanair. Did you mean @squeakycleanrides on Instagram? Website is squeakycleanstyle.com?

Having a Canadian option would be great. I was considering Ceika because they offer free worldwide shipping, but they are pricey.
@squeakycleanair on Instagram. He normally does air bags, but had no problem getting me something with option to go bags later. Takes 2-3 weeks and cost just under $2000 taxes included.

@squeakycleanair on Instagram. He normally does air bags, but had no problem getting me something with option to go bags later. Takes 2-3 weeks and cost just under $2000 taxes included.

Thanks for the info, I requested a follow.

CorkSport finally released lowering springs for the CX-9. $320 USD. Confirmed fit on AWD models, FWD not confirmed yet but expected to fit, with a slightly higher ride height due to the difference in weight.

Pretty tempted to order..

@n3rdgen@CS, I believe these springs were designed to work with the OEM struts/shocks, but if someone were to replace the struts/shocks at the time of install, what brands/models would CorkSport recommend?

Back