Do you want your cx5 to be better?

Ugly doesn't matter when it's faster than the CX5, better weighted, and gets over 50mpg...

I don't give two s**** about MPG. The rest is true, but I reserve my final judgement until we get an idea how it drives. Current RAV4's drive like total ass as did the previous gen one which I think had the V6 which had more hp than our CX-5s.

Also, I know it's different with your sports car buddies, but out here, RAV4 is still the quintessential definition of a soccer mom car. When I was shopping cars and test driving different CUVs in 2013, you know what happened? Everybody thought the CX-5 was fantastic, including men and women. When I mentioned I had test driven a RAV4, you know what happened? I got laughed at...by the women. Even they know. Now my ego is not fragile enough to give a s***, but the point I am making about perceptions is that it matters. Why? Because I assume Toyota knows their demographic and market for RAV4 has always been the soccer mom crowd. Therefore I don't see them making a drastic change in how the car drives if that is what that crowd liked. It sounds like they might have a sportier trim to go along with the new RAV4, and if so, I hope it doesn't disappoint. But the rest, just sounds like more of the same boring car that just happens to have a new, improved design and engine.

Didn*t see this till I posted. Haha...

Lol!

I don't give two s**** about MPG. The rest is true, but I reserve my final judgement until we get an idea how it drives. Current RAV4's drive like total ass as did the previous gen one which I think had the V6 which had more hp than our CX-5s.

Also, I know it's different with your sports car buddies, but out here, RAV4 is still the quintessential definition of a soccer mom car. When I was shopping cars and test driving different CUVs in 2013, you know what happened? Everybody thought the CX-5 was fantastic, including men and women. When I mentioned I had test driven a RAV4, you know what happened? I got laughed at...by the women. Even they know. Now my ego is not fragile enough to give a s***, but the point I am making about perceptions is that it matters. Why? Because I assume Toyota knows their demographic and market for RAV4 has always been the soccer mom crowd. Therefore I don't see them making a drastic change in how the car drives if that is what that crowd liked. It sounds like they might have a sportier trim to go along with the new RAV4, and if so, I hope it doesn't disappoint. But the rest, just sounds like more of the same boring car that just happens to have a new, improved design and engine.

Lol!

Meh. If the RAV drives like ass, it's going to be the next Prius. Noone will be proud of it, but dammit they will buy it and love it in secret because now they can afford a lot more stuff. It would be like buying a current RAV and the dealer pays for 40% of your gas...would you have bought a current RAV if the dealer legit would write you a check every year for 40% of your gas usage? Many would...

Meh. If the RAV drives like ass, it's going to be the next Prius. Noone will be proud of it, but dammit they will buy it and love it in secret because now they can afford a lot more stuff. It would be like buying a current RAV and the dealer pays for 40% of your gas...would you have bought a current RAV if the dealer legit would write you a check every year for 40% of your gas usage? Many would...

I wouldn*t, but this thing is gonna sell like crazy. Best believe that...

You're right, many would. I am not one of them.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or piss anyone off, I just wish Mazda would have stuck to their roots and kept making cars that are quick. I used to think of Mazda as kind of poor man's Japanese BMW, but that's long gone.

BMW made the X5, pulled in huge dollars from it's popularity, and used that money to make cars like the 600HP M5 and cars like it. Mazda seems to be going the way of Mitsubishi, who does nothing these days except make cheap CUVs for rental fleets.

Just sucks to see them turn their back on what built the company, that's all. I too am probably in my last Mazda. I'll keep the FD forever, but my next daily will most likely be a Golf R. If Mazda made a Gen Pee MS3, I'd be looking at those instead.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or piss anyone off, I just wish Mazda would have stuck to their roots and kept making cars that are quick. I used to think of Mazda as kind of poor man's Japanese BMW, but that's long gone.

BMW made the X5, pulled in huge dollars from it's popularity, and used that money to make cars like the 600HP M5 and cars like it. Mazda seems to be going the way of Mitsubishi, who does nothing these days except make cheap CUVs for rental fleets.

Just sucks to see them turn their back on what built the company, that's all. I too am probably in my last Mazda. I'll keep the FD forever, but my next daily will most likely be a Golf R. If Mazda made a Gen Pee MS3, I'd be looking at those instead.

I'm with you.

I won't fault Mazda for doing what they felt they needed to do to increase their sales. Clearly it's working as their sales keep going up.

That said, they shouldn't have completely abandoned what made them them unique and interesting as a brand. I mean really...No more sports cars in the vein of Mazdaspeeds or RX-8's anymore. I just don't understand why they would abandon that segment.

You know how I "Feel Alive" Mazda? Through a little "Zoom Zoom"! (thumb)

Let's be fair though, Mazda couldn't pitch the X5, or its equivalent. They should have kept MazdaSpeed though, just like Dodge kept SRT in one form or another, and Ford kept SVT, even if they re-named it a few times through history, and Nissan kept NISMO, and...Mazda killing Mazdaspeed basically said "We're here for your CRV and RAV4 owners." and now Toyota and Honda are all "We gonna make RAV and CRV faster than you now!" and Nissan is all "But what about a NISMO Juke R...?" and Dodge is all "WUHH!!!! BIG V8 IN ALLTHINGS!!!!" and Ford is "Let's stop making cars guys, we can make "ST" all the SUVS!!!!" and Mazda is all "It's underpowered and slurps fuel like crazy, but love us because of RX7 and please ignore RX8 over in the corner :) ?"

Let's be fair though, Mazda couldn't pitch the X5, or its equivalent. They should have kept MazdaSpeed though, just like Dodge kept SRT in one form or another, and Ford kept SVT, even if they re-named it a few times through history, and Nissan kept NISMO, and...Mazda killing Mazdaspeed basically said "We're here for your CRV and RAV4 owners." and now Toyota and Honda are all "We gonna make RAV and CRV faster than you now!" and Nissan is all "But what about a NISMO Juke R...?" and Dodge is all "WUHH!!!! BIG V8 IN ALLTHINGS!!!!" and Ford is "Let's stop making cars guys, we can make "ST" all the SUVS!!!!" and Mazda is all "It's underpowered and slurps fuel like crazy, but love us because of RX7 and please ignore RX8 over in the corner :) ?"

Funny and true, sadly...

This is one of my favorite posts from you lol.

Image if this was a bar. LOL

CRV= Yeah I'm a staff accountant.
Rav4= I'm a school teacher but I have a wild side.
Rogue= I'm 21 honest, here's my ID

CX-5= Joey's voice "How you doin?"

Image if this was a bar. LOL

CRV= Yeah I'm a staff accountant.
Rav4= I'm a school teacher but I have a wild side.
Rogue= I'm 21 honest, here's my ID

CX-5= Joey's voice "How you doin?"

Nice! (rofl)

Yerp. Mazda used to be cheap thrills. If they want a new audience then so be it.

Yep, pretty much. I like cheap frills...well in certain areas anyway. (thumb)

I love this dude

So true! If they'd only stuck to their roots...or at least kept them on the back burner. Now Nissan has a GTR, Honda, an NSX, Toyota, the LFA and maybe even a new Supra.

Mazda and Mits? One who took the 24 hours of LeMans out right (The only Asian carmaker to ever do so) and the other who dominated WRC for years? No SOUP FOR YOU!

So true! If they'd only stuck to their roots...or at least kept them on the back burner. Now Nissan has a GTR, Honda, an NSX, Toyota, the LFA and maybe even a new Supra.

Mazda and Mits? One who took the 24 hours of LeMans out right (The only Asian carmaker to ever do so) and the other who dominated WRC for years? No SOUP FOR YOU!

The Supra is a done deal. It's a Toyota take on BMW Z4, using the same engine and tons of BMW parts (for better or worse...). They even have a base model that I believe the engineers say the 2jz literally drops right into if you want to order one with the goodies sans the BMW engine for less, and do a motor swap.

Those bastards get the LFA and the Supra, not to mention the TRD Pro Tacoma, 4Runner and Tundra, which are basically Baja 1000 trucks out of the box.

If they made a Corolla with a turbocharger and an LSD, I have a feeling I'd know where to spend my 30 grand.

Back