Do you want your cx5 to be better?

I'll admit that the new RAV4 is an extremely appealing vehicle. I came from a 2010 RAV4 and for my price range in CPO vehicles, the '15 CX5 was a far more appealing buy than an equivalent '15 RAV4. I'm not going to be in the market for another car until I drive the CX5 into the ground, but if I were in the market for a new CUV right now, I'd definitely look hard at the 2019 RAV4 options.

Same boat except 2010 JGC, and no more Chrysler here! Im curious how long my cx5 goes. What can i say though? Running my mouth on the forum is so much cheaper than buying every replacement that strikes my fancy, lol

Has anyone actually driven this new RAV4 to know it*s actually any good?

No. Don't think they are here yet.

Speed and engine improvements aside, I'm going to assume they still drive like ass (like a boat) until I hear otherwise.

Have you driven one?

No, and id call BS too, except about 6mo ago i went to a local toyota dealer. He told me toyota threw a party for some kid and broke out the new Rav at the dealer. Again...i thought BS. But he showed me a pic of that rav ohviously in that showroom, on his phone. Again...id call bs maybe, but 1 month ago on my Facebook feed, that dealer posted a pic of the party playing it like they just did it then, that month. At that point i accepted that yes, it was here 6mo or more ago.

Did i drive it? No. But it was here.

No. Don't think they are here yet.

Speed and engine improvements aside, I'm going to assume they still drive like ass (like a boat) until I hear otherwise.

Safe assumption based on previous performance.

So to summarize, what we know so far about the RAV4 is from Toyota marketing only?

Certainly not a Toy h8r..owned many, wife owns 14 highlander.. vg vehicle but doesn't overachieve.. driving it isn't a punishment but its no privilege either.. I'm pushing the 9er same reason cd did its kinda tight but its still the best to drive and that (still) matters

Nobody, I think the Soul looks like a shoe or boot as well...No way would I buy that thing...
Like a shoe.. lol
AWMjWH2.jpg

Safe assumption based on previous performance.

So to summarize, what we know so far about the RAV4 is from Toyota marketing only?
So far. It does have 51/49 weight dist tho...im very curious how it does.
Safe assumption based on previous performance can be made on 2019 RAV4 Limited. But there're two additional versions of 2019 RAV4, Adventure Grade and XSE HV, which could be interesting as they even have different front fascia.

2019 Toyota RAV4 Highlights said:
Limited
Standard 19-in. wheels and 8-in. touch-screen raise RAV4's level of sophistication, inside and out.

Adventure Grade
Capable on- and off-road with Multi-terrain Select and Dynamic Torque-Vectoring AWD with Rear Driveline Disconnect.

XSE HV
The sportiest RAV4 yet, XSE HV offers greater horsepower, faster acceleration, a sport-tuned suspension and, of course, higher MPG.

The point Im making isnt that its here or not really. Just that no one here has driven it so we dont know if its better. Numbers are only part of the story. Mazda doesnt shine in having the best numbers. Its how its all dialed in. Toyota hasnt been good at that part in the past. The Camry shows they are taking that more seriously but I dont think Ill pass judgement for now.

Id also add this is also because of Skyactiv X. If Mazda hadnt been working on that (compression ignition) theyd probably have iterated to gen 2 of the current tech that would likely be on par with Toyotas new powertrains. They bet the farm we will find out in the next few years if that was a good bet. I hope it is.

Last edited:
The point I*m making isn*t that it*s here or not really. Just that no one here has driven it so we don*t know if it*s better. Numbers are only part of the story. Mazda doesn*t shine in having the best numbers. It*s how it*s all dialed in. Toyota hasn*t been good at that part in the past. The Camry shows they are taking that more seriously but I don*t think I*ll pass judgement for now.

I*d also add this is also because of Skyactiv X. If Mazda hadn*t been working on that (compression ignition) they*d probably have iterated to gen 2 of the current tech that would likely be on par with Toyota*s new powertrains. They bet the farm we will find out in the next few years if that was a good bet. I hope it is.

V6 RAV4 and their XLE Camry for years has been very solid for numbers in the acceleration department. The new TNGA platform looks like a winner. We will see.

Back