Do you want your cx5 to be better?

Cork Sport makes a cold air box to "convert" a short ram intake to access the OEM's cold air inlet location. Essentially a cold air intake with no risk of hydrolock.

Sucks its only available for Mazda3 and Mazda 6.

Heat shield off a 6 fit on mine just fine, so I basically have everything but the top. Wouldn*t pay extra for the box, that is for sure...

I'm a car that corners well fan boy and Mazda has offered nothing for me in the last 5 years at least. The MS3 seemed to be Mazda's last gasp at being quick, different and unique. Now it's got nothing but basketball shoe shaped SUVs that can't go offroad.

The MSP was the quickest FWD car Road and Track magazine ever tested through the cones.
The FD3S is a future classic and is at the top of Hagerty's "buy now" cars.

The CX family, in my opinion, looks and drives like at least another dozen cars on the road today. From Acuras to Volvos, they all look and drive nearly identical. Who's got the biggest screen or the best LED headlights is what people seem to be after now.

Heat shield off a 6 fit on mine just fine, so I basically have everything but the top. Wouldn*t pay extra for the box, that is for sure...

It may take time but you could possibly extend the shield to reuse your OEM air inlet (part above the radiator). Then just seal off the top 3 sides/bottom.

The CX family, in my opinion, looks and drives like at least another dozen cars on the road today. From Acuras to Volvos, they all look and drive nearly identical. Who's got the biggest screen or the best LED headlights is what people seem to be after now.

The CX family reminds me of...if BMW were to make a lower cost mpg friendly FWD division.

It may take time but you could possibly extend the shield to reuse your OEM air inlet (part above the radiator). Then just seal off the top 3 sides/bottom.

I*m already using the OEM air inlet. It*s not a big enough deal to me to fab it even further, or I could/would. Now if it made my car a Beast, or even added 10 hp, then I would, but it simply adds a nice sounds that I like, for now anyways...

I also have the AEM drop in on deck to pop in when I get tired of this thing. They*re simply worth it to me just because they last a lifetime, cleanable, and just better overall quality than OEM...

I'm a car that corners well fan boy and Mazda has offered nothing for me in the last 5 years at least. The MS3 seemed to be Mazda's last gasp at being quick, different and unique. Now it's got nothing but basketball shoe shaped SUVs that can't go offroad.

The MSP was the quickest FWD car Road and Track magazine ever tested through the cones.

Well well, I guess you do know what I mean by my initial comment. It wasn*t about post count (I started posting here long before I bought the CX-5 btw), it was merely about the same thing like you just said and the fanboys go wild. Hell, I*ve been turned into the mods now twice just for simply stating facts, and a few opinions that are becoming true. Imagine that...

I, too don*t like the direction Mazda has headed, nor is heading, and for that matter, I*m a one and done. I have thought about fiddling around with the car you mentioned, but there*s better fish to fry in the same price range, so I*m leaving the door open for now...

Fanboys can flag this post too if they want, it is what it is...

At the price point, CX has no equivalent in the market. Remember there is an aspect of mpg / emissions for balancing for Mazda. Mazda is #1 in CAFE mpg ratings for 5 years and also #1 in emissions ahead of Subaru. CX differentiates from its price rivals and is ahead by some margin. Same can be said of the 2.2D available in ROW.
The low down torque and really good real world FE makes the CX unique in a way. Sometimes I think Mazda had done a tad too much and they have re-couped it by fattening and going upscale.
And aesthetics were always part of what car buyers consider - so I don't know what you mean by LED headlights.

If you consider Mazda as a racing car mf'er then yeah CX line is a failure. If you consider them as a regular car maker with some difference - CX line is a home run. Its really hard to beat a Mazda as a DD right now - happy to see 290K CX5s in the high mileage car examples.
CX is such a success worldwide that I believe the Sky X could be an anti climax as it will be hard to match CX's success. Time will tell.

And thank god for the change as they would be bankrupt and going out of business if they still made those cars.

The CX family, in my opinion, looks and drives like at least another dozen cars on the road today. From Acuras to Volvos, they all look and drive nearly identical.

But Mazdas cost so much less than anything equivalent, and are so much better than anything in their price range. That's an accomplishment.

Now it's got nothing but basketball shoe shaped SUVs that can't go offroad.

THATS what the Kia Soul reminds me of. Couldnt figure that out for years. THANK YOU.

THATS what the Kia Soul reminds me of. Couldn*t figure that out for years. THANK YOU.

Yea, Kia, the same company with a better warranty who actually buys their cars back when the paint goes to pooh and severely affects the overall value...That Kia...

Yea, Kia, the same company with a better warranty who actually buys their cars back when the paint goes to pooh and severely affects the overall value...That Kia...

All I did was say the Soul reminds me remarkably on a high top basketball shoe. Its Friday, Nelson. Who pissed in your cornflakes?

All I did was say the Soul reminds me remarkably on a high top basketball shoe. It*s Friday, Nelson. Who pissed in your cornflakes?

Nobody, I think the Soul looks like a shoe or boot as well...No way would I buy that thing...

Nobody, I think the Soul looks like a shoe or boot as well...No way would I buy that thing...

Lol, ok, just checking! My grandmother owns a black one and I could never quite put my finger on it.

But Mazdas cost so much less than anything equivalent, and are so much better than anything in their price range. That's an accomplishment.

I think this used to be the case, but now a lot of their vehicles aren't up to competition. The RAV4 vs. CX5, Honda Accord vs. 6, etc. They are losing the speed AND handling AND fuel-efficiency game. All in the same price bracket. The luxury game they seem tied up at least though.

I think this used to be the case, but now a lot of their vehicles aren't up to competition. The RAV4 vs. CX5, Honda Accord vs. 6, etc. They are losing the speed AND handling AND fuel-efficiency game. All in the same price bracket. The luxury game they seem tied up at least though.

I'll admit that the new RAV4 is an extremely appealing vehicle. I came from a 2010 RAV4 and for my price range in CPO vehicles, the '15 CX5 was a far more appealing buy than an equivalent '15 RAV4. I'm not going to be in the market for another car until I drive the CX5 into the ground, but if I were in the market for a new CUV right now, I'd definitely look hard at the 2019 RAV4 options.

Back