Do you want your cx5 to be better?

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ Tech
Install an AEM dryflow filter. Our 2014.5 and our 2018 felt like entirely different cars after installing them.
AEM claims double CFM flow over stock... and the engine seems to love it.
No gaon MPG... But the added power and throttle response makes the car feel like a new beast...

Best $35 you can spend...

ECU tune best and pretty much only guaranteed gain mod period.. although you are looking at $400-500 usd. Which is price the same as an exhaust that doesnt even add 10hp anywhere. I also have a cocksport exhaust; not ragging. Something to think about.

Ps I have that aem drop in and it's a good value. With my tune, it gives increased flow over the stock without heat soaking like an Sri. My own experience is at top end (5k+) the drop in performance more than the SRI, but you lose low down torque (idle to 2k). Right now I'm using my SRI since the temperatures are down and atmosphere is lower and I dont lose power to heat soak like in spring/summer (texas). Sri let's me get fat pops with the right shift rpm compared to drop in.

Last edited:
ECU tune best and pretty much only guaranteed gain mod period.. although you are looking at $400-500 usd. Which is price the same as an exhaust that doesnt even add 10hp anywhere. I also have a cocksport exhaust; not ragging. Something to think about.

Ps I have that aem drop in and it's a good value. With my tune, it gives increased flow over the stock without heat soaking like an Sri. My own experience is at top end (5k+) the drop in performance more than the SRI, but you lose low down torque (idle to 2k). Right now I'm using my SRI since the temperatures are down and atmosphere is lower and I dont lose power to heat soak like in spring/summer (texas). Sri let's me get fat pops with the right shift rpm compared to drop in.

Cocksport exhaust? Thats something ill choose NOT to think about o_O

Last edited:
Install an AEM dryflow filter. Our 2014.5 and our 2018 felt like entirely different cars after installing them.
AEM claims double CFM flow over stock... and the engine seems to love it.
No gaon MPG... But the added power and throttle response makes the car feel like a new beast...

Best $35 you can spend...

A new beast? Come on Ricky! Color me skeptical.

I have the AEM dry filter - idle sounds different but other than that I see no difference at all. Its cheap / life long just need to wash it down every 20K miles / 30K miles and you are good. I have not seen my 16 transform into a beast. Got new Altimax GTs and these are not performance oriented and do not like being pulled hard, so that might be a reason but absolutely no difference unless the OP has some tune or other mods.

What I like is the ability to clean the AEM filter. Every oil change I take it out and tap dirt out. Every 3 oil changes I clean with soapy water. Also allows car to breathe better at idle.

that said if you want best bang for buck performance without tuning = tires.

What I like is the ability to clean the AEM filter. Every oil change I take it out and tap dirt out. Every 3 oil changes I clean with soapy water. Also allows car to breathe better at idle.

that said if you want best bang for buck performance without tuning = tires.

What tires you running?

Help, I don't know what these acronyms like "sri" mean.

Short Ram Intake

Cork Sport makes a cold air box to "convert" a short ram intake to access the OEM's cold air inlet location. Essentially a cold air intake with no risk of hydrolock.

Sucks its only available for Mazda3 and Mazda 6.

Back