2016.5 CX5 touring dash speakers that fit?

:
2016.5 CX5 Touring
I want to replace the dash speakers and crutchfield says none fit. Support also had nothing to offer. They said the dash speakers were basically custom made for this car. I have read lots of older posts and the polk speaker recommended in the old threads is no longer made. What 3.5" speaker will fit that does not break the bank but also sounds better than the little piece of junk in there now? Crutchfield support said I could try throwing in a tweeter in the spot. I think a tweeter might sound worse than what is there as they are meant for high range not mid range.

This is for the non bose system.

Most 3" coaxial speakers will fit to your dash speaker location. If you look harder you may still find some venders selling Polk Audio DB351 or find it in eBay new or used. Or you can try Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx been used by others.

2015 6 Speaker Upgrade Details

Spec wise, any name-brand 3" coaxial speaker with equal or greater sensitivity of 91 dB and equal or smaller top-mount depth of 1-9/16" should fit the dash speaker location of your CX-5 Touring and serve you well.

No, definitely dont put tweeters there!

Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx would be my pick. I'm kind of biased since JBL/Infinity makes some good quality gear.

Back