Driver side low beam headllight doesn't always stay on 2013 Mazda5

:
Mazda, Mazda5 Sport 2013
Just replaced what I thought was a burned out Drivers side low beam headlight but it appears that it wasn't a bulb issue. Headlight might come on or it might not. I checked the connection twice already. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be?

These have HID headlights right? Could be an HID ballast issue. Try swapping the ballasts and see if the issue persists.

These have HID headlights right? Could be an HID ballast issue. Try swapping the ballasts and see if the issue persists.

It takes a H11 bulb, do those use ballast? If so, where is that located? Thank you, Ron

Mazda5 sport don*t have HID

I had this exact same problem in a different car and the issue turned out to be a faulty HID ballast. If they don't have HID lighting, then it has to be a wiring/connection issue. Blown fuse would mean that the light wouldn't turn on at all.

Did you buy the car new or used?
Did you use an aftermarket bulb? If so, what are specs?

If the car is new, I'd try cleaning the *inside* of the connector by scrubbing a piece of thin sand paper, blow out dust. Make sure headlight is turned off (or disconnect battery) first.

It seems to be a contact issue with the wire inside the socket. If I "push" the wire into the socket contact is made and headlight goes on. Not sure how to proceed. Is this wire connection the type you shove in and a blade cathes it inside the socket? Or should I just get a new socket?

Back