Recall CSP02 Dealer installed AA today

:
2018 CX5 Grand Touring Premium Soul Red, 2018 Mazda 3 Touring
Today my selling dealer installed Android Auto on my 2018 Mazda 3 for free . They performed recall CSP02 . After installing Android Auto on my phone I am good to go.

Just used it for the first time . After using the google voice command the banner stays on top of the navigation, never goes away . Very annoying.

Should be getting mine in a couple weeks. Still waiting to hear back on price though (negotiated dealer cost on parts +labour for it as part of car sale).

My 2018 was with me for 3 days when the dealer called me to let me know about the recall. I think it's only for the 18 models. At least the recall ( free ) part of it .

Should be getting mine in a couple weeks. Still waiting to hear back on price though (negotiated dealer cost on parts +labour for it as part of car sale).

$364 Canadian (+tax) for dealer cost on parts + labour FYI.

Now that I have lived with it for a while, I must say I love it. I find myself asking google stupid questions while stuck in traffic..... Very happy I have it. It works pretty well, though it is a little buggy, or quirky .

I always thought that one problem with AA on the Mazda infotainment system is that it doesn't seem to me that it would work very well with the rotary-dial system. The built-in Mazda apps are arranged to mostly have a row of buttons across the bottom that you can easily scroll across and select, etc. But AA apps can have hotspots all over the place. How does this work with the Mazda-style selector? Yes, I know that you can hack it so that the touch screen stays active, but they must have implemented it to work with the standard controller. Any comments on the operation?

My wife is now driving our '15 S-GT and has no interest in having AA support. I'm now driving an '18 Outback and can use AA on a large screen with touch enabled when moving. I really like using AA on it and am just curious as to how well it now works on Mazdas. BTW, one reason I ended up with the Outback instead of a CX-5 is because the Outback had AA already available. Too bad I didn't know what was coming up on the new CX-5s...

Honestly it isnt as intuitive as the Mazda system . You can use the rotary to move up and down to get where you want. The more I am using it the easier it is getting. Love the google maps. LOVE being able to respond to text messages with only a touch of the wheel.

AA/ACP Voice operation is doing things the OEM system tried to do like: reading txt msg, music search, Waze (Live traffic) works independently, but works with simultaneously with Mazda navigation.

Back