Head unit for 2015 manual sport trim?

Mrpibb987

:
Mazda cx 5
Hi all. My apologies if this has been asked before, but is it possible to replace the OEM radio insert with an aftermarket touchscreen head unit in a 2015 Mazda CX-5 manual sport trim? If so, does anyone have any recommendations on brands to look at? I understand the car doesn't have Bluetooth or a series of other features normally associated with a touchscreen head unit more commonly seen in the higher trims. I want to install one mostly to have a sufficient size screen for a back up camera. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi all. My apologies if this has been asked before, but is it possible to replace the OEM radio insert with an aftermarket touchscreen head unit in a 2015 Mazda CX-5 manual sport trim? If so, does anyone have any recommendations on brands to look at? I understand the car doesn't have Bluetooth or a series of other features normally associated with a touchscreen head unit more commonly seen in the higher trims. I want to install one mostly to have a sufficient size screen for a back up camera. Thanks in advance for your help.
Most major brands offer good double-DIN headunit which fits gen-1 CX-5. With headunit replaced, you should also replace your 4 factory door speakers with at least 6-speaker setup by some better quality after-market speakers. Here is an excellent write up by RG_Flyer who installed an aftermarket infotainment system into his 2016 CX-5 Sport. In addition to BlueTooth connection and color touch screen, I believe RG_Flyer also figured out a way to make steering wheel audio controls work with the system! (cool)

Finally! The correct parts for the 2016 CX-5 Sport:

Back