What do you NOT like about your 3?

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
So, my current DD is 10 years old, european, and getting to that point where it needs a fair amount of work. Its a great car, but I'm not 20 anymore, and working on a car regularly doesn't bring me much joy anymore. I already have two other mazdas (MSP #2750, and a 98 B4000). Was looking at other cars, and just happened to pull into the mazda dealership last night, Drove a 2018 Grand touring 3 hatch. White on parchment. It seemed nice. It was small compared to my other car, and, how do I say this... Slow. BUT being that its a daily driver, I don't need a car to be fast, I need it to be reliable, and get fuel economy, and be safe and last along time. But I also don't want to feel like I bought a piece of plastic that is rattling itself apart (something I've found common in lower end cars I've been looking at.) looking at what you don't like about yours, to see if that's something I'm willing to live with.

Oh, and how do you find the seat comfort on longer drives (I have a long daily commute, and can spend 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day in traffic.

Wife and I have 17 and 18 3's (both manual, Sport GT's) and are pretty damn happy with them.

Only 'gripe' I have so far is that I wish they were a bit bigger...and I miss having AWD. But I knew both those things going in. That and the 3's haven't yet received Mazda's next gen sound deadening yet so they can be a bit noisy at speed, particularly on rougher roads. But again, I knew that going in and still liked the 3 best among my options.

Don't have any issues with seat comfort but I'd wager that's pretty subjective and at the individual level.

Drive nice, handle nice, get decent MPGs/power, seem to be holding up well, nice interior, nice exterior.

Only other major demerit would be AA/ACP and those should be available soon.

Recently bought wife a '18 GT hatch. I would not call it slow. Not quick like a WRX, but not slow like a Subi Imprezza. Only one long trip so far, but I found the seats comfortable and the mileage very good (close to 40 mpg).

The one issue that really bother me with the our 2017 Mazda 3 is how easily it 1) picks up dings and dents. Scrap up against anything, no matter how lightly and it will leave a mark. 2) That mark will rust. And fast. 3) There is a lots of wind noise at highway speeds. 4). I find the seats on 3-4 hour journeys to be uncomfortable. We also have a CX-5 and a Honda Odyssey and I have no issue with those cars.

The new 2019 is supposed to be quieter, more comfortable, and hopefully better made. I love our 3. It is fun and feels much faster than it is. But at the end of the day, it is a 20K car. I should also say, that I would buy another one no question.

Back