Part numbers caliper issue

:
2014 cx5 2.2 d sport nav 5d 148 bhp (64 Reg)
Hello everyone....
I'm sorry my questions may have been asked before

I recently bought a cx5 2.2 d sport nav 5d 148 bhp 64 reg with 54000 on the clock. However, the rear brakes screams like mad when i reverse. When i visited Mazda to get new wipers, i mentioned it and they said they know. I asked if Mazda now makes better calipers for the rear to avoid the dodgy ones. He said yes and they are Bosch ones. My trusted mechanic searched for calipers for me and was unable to find one as told me maybe i need to get them from Mazda. I'm getting Pagid pads and discs. Can anyone recommend where to get the calipers if not from mazda. Will i need the whole shabang or just thr part of the caliper tat holds the pads.

Thanks for looking

What year is your CX-5, or do you have Electric Parking Brake (EPB)?

Late 2014 (64 Reg for UK)

It does not have electronic parking brake
As far as I know, there're very few aftermarket CX-5 brake calipers available and I'd go for OEM. But brake caliper rarely has issues by itself. Your rear brake noise is very common on CX-5 for almost every MY although the culprit can be different. Those brake noises are not caused by calipers unless you have an early version rear calipers with EPB. You have better chance to cure the noise by getting new pads and rotors, and lubricate caliper pins throughly with correct grease.

Hello everyone....
I'm sorry my questions may have been asked before

I recently bought a cx5 2.2 d sport nav 5d 148 bhp 64 reg with 54000 on the clock. However, the rear brakes screams like mad when i reverse. When i visited Mazda to get new wipers, i mentioned it and they said they know. I asked if Mazda now makes better calipers for the rear to avoid the dodgy ones. He said yes and they are Bosch ones. My trusted mechanic searched for calipers for me and was unable to find one as told me maybe i need to get them from Mazda. I'm getting Pagid pads and discs. Can anyone recommend where to get the calipers if not from mazda. Will i need the whole shabang or just thr part of the caliper tat holds the pads.
Coupla' red flags here. First, you are describing a noise typically associated with rear brake pad wear sensors contacting the rotor when pads are worn and due for replacement. Has anyone checked for this simple solution (especially @54k miles!)? Second, I doubt that Bosch makes brake calipers for Mazda UK (or anywhere else). A quick Google search shows listings for Bosch rotors and pads (which I suspect they source from somewhere else), but hydraulics are another matter and do not appear using search. Hydraulics are not typically what Bosch is involved in.

As far as I know, there're very few aftermarket CX-5 brake calipers available and I'd go for OEM. But brake caliper rarely has issues by itself. Your rear brake noise is very common on CX-5 for almost every MY although the culprit can be different. Those brake noises are not caused by calipers unless you have an early version rear calipers with EPB. You have better chance to cure the noise by getting new pads and rotors, and lubricate caliper pins throughly with correct grease.

That's great news..... I'll do just that

Coupla' red flags here. First, you are describing a noise typically associated with rear brake pad wear sensors contacting the rotor when pads are worn and due for replacement. Has anyone checked for this simple solution (especially @54k miles!)? Second, I doubt that Bosch makes brake calipers for Mazda UK (or anywhere else). A quick Google search shows listings for Bosch rotors and pads (which I suspect they source from somewhere else), but hydraulics are another matter and do not appear using search. Hydraulics are not typically what Bosch is involved in.

Ah ok cool. Thanks for that...

Back