Mazda Mobile Start vs Remote Start

The dealer here in Canada has informed me here that my remote system with Mazda fob will have secure take over. Does anyone have any information on what they use and if any mobile remote services are compatible with it? Heard of drone mobile but I*m wondering about mystart if that would work. No subscription required with them. Location wise I*m a little off their map so I don*t know if I*m in a supported coverage area.

Last edited:
I guess my question here is after I get the oem install I*m hoping there is a easy plug and play solution to adding the mobile start option. Does anyone know if the oem remote starter is compatible with a system like mystart or drone mobile? That would be the only add on I would require (if compatible) or would I require something additional. Thanks for all replies

Quick question about remote start, regardless of brand...

Let*s say when I shut car off I had rear defogger on and heat high full blast defrost (climate conteol hvac). When I remote start will they come back on as they we*re left? Assuming hvac stays as-is but not sure about rear defogger.

Thanks.

Im thinking about purchasing a 2019 CX-5 Grand Touring and was wondering do they not come with remote start? I refuse to have a separate (second) key fob and Im not gonna pay the yearly fee for the app. Remote start should be standard equipment. If not, Ill be buying something else.

I*m thinking about purchasing a 2019 CX-5 Grand Touring and was wondering do they not come with remote start? I refuse to have a separate (second) key fob and I*m not gonna pay the yearly fee for the app. Remote start should be standard equipment. If not, I*ll be buying something else.

Welp, move on to something else then. (headshake

Last edited:
I just can*t believe that they were so dumb as to not include it with the key fob. Who wants to carry two?

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised they don't have an option like my Lexus. You press the lock button 3 times, holding the 3rd until it starts. No extra fob necessary.

Exactly. They have all this nice tech and theyre missing one feature that many car manufacturers have had for years (Kia, Hyundai, Chevy, Ford, etc.)!

Just to be clear, you can get aftermarket remote start that will use your oem fob. My daughter had it done on her 17 GT at local shop for under 300 (I think). Dealer wanted a lot more (800?) but her salesperson told her they just sent the car out to the very same shop, it wasn*t done in house with oem parts. It was a Viper unit.

Just to be clear, you can get aftermarket remote start that will use your oem fob. My daughter had it done on her 17 GT at local shop for under 300 (I think). Dealer wanted a lot more (800?) but her salesperson told her they just sent the car out to the very same shop, it wasn*t done in house with oem parts. It was a Viper unit.

This is correct. Talk to a Viper dealer.

Thanks. I checked and BestBuy has a Viper for $259.

Just to be clear part 2, the basic Viper system (that uses the oem fob) has a somewhat limited range. It also is not 2-way so you don*t get any sort of confirmation on the fob that the car started. You might want to consider these limitations when you decide to buy if your car is normally parked a bit of a ways away and/or it isn*t in your view. The upgraded Viper system has a much longer range and does give confirmation HOWEVER, you have a separate remote.

My daughter bought the basic but now wishes she got the upgrade because she cannot start her car from her work desk (and know it started). She has to walk to the window to get closer and see it start. At home she*s close enough and it will start easily. She was also hung-up about the separate remote but now thinks it wouldn*t be such a big deal.

I*m guessing other brands are the same? The shop my daughter had the job done by uses Viper and they did a fantastic job explaining all this to her (and me as I*m considering having my 18 Signature done).

Last edited:
Back