Tire pressure sensor 2018 CX5 GT

The eBay thing mentioned earlier is cool. i just haven't seen one yet I think is attractive.

Swear to God. 2 years almost now. Checked the air one time after a thread here about dealers not inflating or over inflating. It was perfect.

I agree it would be nice to get individual read outs on each tire, but I would never put air in one tire without checking and balancing the others anyway.

I prefer the simple TPM on my 2014 CX5. I always manually check pressure once a month or before any long highway trip. Spend the fancy TPM dollars on better seats or? Ed

You guys might want to keep an eye on these sensors. Mazda doesn't have a stellar history with these.
http://www.mazdaproblems.com/tpms/
I dont think this is really relevant to the current sensor based system Mazda is using as this is from over a decade ago.
(uhm)

The article listed affected vehicles are as late as 2015 CX-9 and 2013 Mazda3, not a decade ago. And Mazda had changed TPMS system to different indirect-read system on Mazda3 since then. We all hope Mazda has raised the quality of tire pressure sensors from venders and this corrosion issue wouldn't happen for new TPMS system in the future.

(uhm)

The article listed affected vehicles are as late as 2015 CX-9 and 2013 Mazda3, not a decade ago. And Mazda had changed TPMS system to different indirect-read system on Mazda3 since then. We all hope Mazda has raised the quality of tire pressure sensors from venders and this corrosion issue wouldn't happen for new TPMS system in the future.

I just looked at the link again and saw again 2008 to 2010....... not sure what youre talking about here.

I just looked at the link again and saw again 2008 to 2010....... not sure what youre talking about here.
Like Jonno21 said, scroll all the way to the bottom:

attachment.php

17569CA2-B0FF-4B8D-B7AE-25117B986676.jpeg

I think this is a lawsuit design. They are listing those because they went back to an actual sensor. Is there any other reports of this issue other than a site clearly created to generate lawsuits?

You guys might want to keep an eye on these sensors. Mazda doesn't have a stellar history with these.
http://www.mazdaproblems.com/tpms/

When I recently upgraded to a new 2018 CX-5 I moved my winter tires over from my old 2014 CX-5. The dealer told me I would need to install TPM sensors as the 2104's didn't have them but that were standard on 2017's and up. As I thought the Mazda ones might be more expensive I checked at COSTCO and saw that their stems were made of metal. The dealer had also told me to avoid sensors with metal stems as they were prone to corrosion which my dealer had seen on previous models. He showed me their newer plastic stemmed sensors and I went with those, plus they were $5 cheaper than COSTCO.

When I recently upgraded to a new 2018 CX-5 I moved my winter tires over from my old 2014 CX-5. The dealer told me I would need to install TPM sensors as the 2104's didn't have them but that were standard on 2017's and up. As I thought the Mazda ones might be more expensive I checked at COSTCO and saw that their stems were made of metal. The dealer had also told me to avoid sensors with metal stems as they were prone to corrosion which my dealer had seen on previous models. He showed me their newer plastic stemmed sensors and I went with those, plus they were $5 cheaper than COSTCO.

So, there's a nut that screws onto the stem to keep it in the wheel, and you're saying the new ones are plastic??

So, of course, on the first cold morning of the Fall season, I get the low tire pressure icon displaying. With such a sophisticated vehicle, why doesn't the relevant sensor display, identifying which tire needs addressing? I mean, the sensor is reporting low pressure right? So identify which one, so that I don't have to test the tires one by one until I find the bad one. (headshake

I think I've asked this a few times already on different threads but don't think I ever got any answer...Does the 2019 model have the same TPMS sensor setup?

I think I've asked this a few times already on different threads but don't think I ever got any answer...Does the 2019 model have the same TPMS sensor setup?
Yes theres no change on TPMS for 2019 CX-5. Still has tire pressure sensors, and still doesnt have direct-read tire pressure display anywhere.

Yes there*s no change on TPMS for 2019 CX-5. Still has tire pressure sensors, and still doesn*t have direct-read tire pressure display anywhere.

Kind of lame but ime they cant be trusted and need to be manually checked anyway. At least my 17 F150 does.

Back