Tire pressure sensor 2018 CX5 GT

:
CX5
So, of course, on the first cold morning of the Fall season, I get the low tire pressure icon displaying. With such a sophisticated vehicle, why doesn't the relevant sensor display, identifying which tire needs addressing? I mean, the sensor is reporting low pressure right? So identify which one, so that I don't have to test the tires one by one until I find the bad one. (headshake

There probably all low...being the first cold morning.

So, of course, on the first cold morning of the Fall season, I get the low tire pressure icon displaying. With such a sophisticated vehicle, why doesn't the relevant sensor display, identifying which tire needs addressing? I mean, the sensor is reporting low pressure right? So identify which one, so that I don't have to test the tires one by one until I find the bad one. (headshake
Mazda says: A penny saved is a penny earned!

I say: Penny wise, pound foolish!

Yeah, been a wacky thing with Mazda. The 2014 GT without the tech package would tell you a door was not fully closed but would not identify the door. Little things like that are infuriating.

Something like this direct-read tire pressure display found on Nissan Rogue and many others utilizing existing tire pressure sensors would be very nice:

2017-nissan-rogue-safety-tire-pressure-monitor-large.jpg

Yea its dumb as it wouldnt really cost them anything to show it. If youre not going to show the pressures you might as well just actually save money and use an ABS sensor based setup.

Yea its dumb as it wouldnt really cost them anything to show it. If youre not going to show the pressures you might as well just actually save money and use an ABS sensor based setup.

(first)

(yes)

I agree completely! Come on Mazda! Feel Alive!

its part of the plan guys, 2020 mazda cx5 with sensor that specifies which tire has the issue. by 2030 well have everything we want in the car (right now),
but still needing more.

I had the PSI senor with monitor before. Pretty cool when one corner hit a pothole it temp shows that tire's PSI go up a bit. What I hated was it sometimes was too sensitive and took a while to dial in the same PSI as all 4 wheels otherwise I get the warning indicator. That said I like Mazda's simple approach while not being as "sensitive". Less parts to replace as well.

How perfect would that be yrwei52. Thanks for posting. I found that all of mine were around the 30 psi mark and needed attention.

How perfect would that be yrwei52. Thanks for posting. I found that all of mine were around the 30 psi mark and needed attention.
Many people ignore the seasonal changes which will affect the tire pressure greatly. A tire pressure display should serve a good reminder. Although its a hassle to remove the spare, dont forget to check the tire pressure on it and I bet it only has 40 instead of 60 psi if you havent checked!

Although it*s a hassle to remove the spare, don*t forget to check the tire pressure on it and I bet it only has 40 instead of 60 psi if you haven*t checked!

Good reminder. Something I need to do for sure!

And after you've pumped them up for the winter, don't forget to recheck in the spring/summer and let some out if necessary.

In fact, you're probably fine running anywhere between 25 and 40psi. It's just not that critical. The ride will not feel as good, handling will suffer, tread life will suffer, FE will suffer, but the car will still get you where you want to go.

That said, I try to keep mine as close to 35 as I can year round. And I check them with a gauge at least every couple of months.

And after you've pumped them up for the winter, don't forget to recheck in the spring/summer and let some out if necessary.

In fact, you're probably fine running anywhere between 25 and 40psi. It's just not that critical. The ride will not feel as good, handling will suffer, tread life will suffer, FE will suffer, but the car will still get you where you want to go.

That said, I try to keep mine as close to 35 as I can year round. And I check them with a gauge at least every couple of months.

I check mine every week

TPMS making me lazy plus swapping the tires between seasons
...never check pressure.

...never check pressure.
You cant rely on your ABS speed sensor based TPMS on your 2016.5 CX-5 to keep up the correct tire pressure as it wont give you any warning for low tire pressure on all tires due to seasonal temperature drops.

I run an eBay unit that plugs into the cigarette lighter and uses the valve stem sensors. Not for everyone but gives me live temp and PSI data from tires.

On my GX 460 it just has the idiot light as well but I found using OBD Fusion and a ELM 327 adapter with a legitimate 2.x firmware I can read the TPMS data as a dashboard on my phone.

I wonder if Forscan on models with direct TPMS sensors can pull data on CX-5 as well?

My '15 CX has the indirect setup.

...never check pressure.

Bad practice particularly with your system. All 4 tires could drop the same amount, particularly in colder weather, and it wouldn't sound an alarm. It doesn't care what the pressures are, just as long as they're all the same.

Back