New CX-5 Owner/Member

:
2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD with tech pack
Just picked up my new 2018 CX-5 AWD GT w(tech pack) last night to replace my company vehicle that I had to turn in due to a job role change. My 2016 Dodge Caravan(fyi-I had every model since 89 as a company vehicle), pales in comparison to this CX5. Only my 2nd Mazda, had an 83' GLC Sport in a similar colour...don't know why the dealership puts a bow on???

wkidm1.jpg

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. (first)

Welcome!
Yea, I don't get the bow thing either. You paid for it, it's not a gift.
Likewise I don't really get "congratulations" either. You didn't earn it as a prize.
"Congratulations! You can aford a car!" Huh?

Are putting bows on cars a Canadian thing? I know in the U.S dealerships tend to put pinstripes on new cars.

Are putting bows on cars a Canadian thing? I know in the U.S dealerships tend to put pinstripes on new cars.

Don't forget about the balloons! Nothing (it seems) sells cars quite like balloons...

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F57e083401f45347577401f9ffecd246d%2F205627927%2Fit.jpg

After 3000 km's (1864 miles), I'm really impressed with my CX5. Blizzaks on steelies did not affect the ride and handling at all, fuel mileage has also been great.
BUT! Today I get a stone hit my windshield on the highway and now need a replacement aarrgh! Anybody have issues with the adaptive systems and wiper sensing equipment after a replacement? Do I need to go to the dealer for a calibration?

2q201mt.jpg

15nknti.jpg

Blizzaks on steelies did not affect the ride and handling at all

What? I find that hard to believe. 225/65R17 Blizzak WS80s on my OEM wheels have affected my handling considerably. They are heavier than my All seasons and much softer obviously.

I took a hard corner yesterday flying and then was quickly reminded I was on my Blizzaks lol.

Not sure if DMV 2's makes a difference? I do drive my CX5 like an old man (as per the wife), have a s/c'd Fox5.0 for spirited driving in the summer :)...

What? I find that hard to believe. 225/65R17 Blizzak WS80s on my OEM wheels have affected my handling considerably. They are heavier than my All seasons and much softer obviously.

I took a hard corner yesterday flying and then was quickly reminded I was on my Blizzaks lol.

After 3000 km's (1864 miles), I'm really impressed with my CX5. Blizzaks on steelies did not affect the ride and handling at all, fuel mileage has also been great.
BUT! Today I get a stone hit my windshield on the highway and now need a replacement aarrgh! Anybody have issues with the adaptive systems and wiper sensing equipment after a replacement? Do I need to go to the dealer for a calibration?

Sorry for your troubles but yes, it is recommended to bring it to the dealer after glass replacement to have the system re-calibrated.

2q201mt.jpg

15nknti.jpg

Well thats think! I had my first windshield issue this year. I have a 2014 GT and just had a safepro guy replace the windshield. Everything works as normal.

Just had my first rock stuck in windshield fix also, I am pretty satisfied, I was told if it would have cracked >6", gone through the window (made a hole) or spider webbed they would have replaced it.

Got it done by the Auto glass shop next door to the Dealership I purchased from, OEM glass and all is good again, thanks folks...

1zpqlgi.jpg

24l4emd.jpg

ebdlsm.jpg

2u9s6f6.jpg

2wfmlpy.jpg

Back