2014 CX-5: How to stop getting Gmail (but not SMS) notifications

Sally_C

:
2014 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech pkg
I have a 2014 CX-5 that, with my Galaxy S6, used to only notify me (and offer to download) SMS messages. I just got a Note 9 and now it also does this for every Gmail - which I don't want. I can't find any way within the phone or my car's setup to adjust that.

Apart from redoing my whole Gmail setup (with priority, etc.) does anyone know a way to have it just notify me for SMS again?

Thank you.

Weird. I have a S9+ and my 2014 has never done that with my Gmail. Only SMS texts.

I've never gotten Gmail notices and would like to, actually.

I've never gotten Gmail notices and would like to, actually.

That's funny! I guess I wouldn't mind if I didn't get so much spam. But I suppose it could be worse - I could be getting no notifications.

Maybe since it's a new phone this is a bug that will get worked out in some future update.

Set up your gmail account on the generic mail app on your phone and you'll start receiving emails through the infotainment.
After reading this, I turned off the sync feature in the stock email app. I had already turned off the notifications as I was only using the Gmail app. But I still was getting notifications in my car.

Now that I have turned off the sync feature in the stock app, I am no longer getting email notifications on my infotainment screen.

Thanks!

Set up your gmail account on the generic mail app on your phone and you'll start receiving emails through the infotainment.
The stock built in app on my phone is Gmail. There's no other like on some phones.

Weird. I have a S9+ and my 2014 has never done that with my Gmail. Only SMS texts.

With my S7, I only get Gmail notifications and no text notifications. When I go the download screen and touch the email, nothing happens. When I first got the phone a few years ago, it did read out the email for a few days and then stopped. I only get the title. This is also on a 2014.

I've had 4 phones in the 5 1/2 years I've owned this car. Email has never given notifications. Only texts.

Latest posts

Back