2014 CX-9 touring low speed wobble

:
2019 CX-9 Touring
AWD touring with 18" factory wheels. 30k miles.
New factory front brakes.
New right front strut.
New tires (road force balanced)
New power steering rack
New sway bar links.

At 40 mph and slightly turning the wheel. Mazda said it's just road feel.

It happens on any road and frequency changes with speed.

Switch the front tires right to left. Test drive.
Switch the fronts to the back. Test drive.

It is always possible that one new tire is defective.

Why one new strut? I've always replaced these in pairs. If the cause isn't a tire, it might be the difference between one new strut and one strut with 30k on it.

Switch the front tires right to left. Test drive.
Switch the fronts to the back. Test drive.

It is always possible that one new tire is defective.

Why one new strut? I've always replaced these in pairs. If the cause isn't a tire, it might be the difference between one new strut and one strut with 30k on it.

Mazda put a set of tires and wheels on from another car an the problem was still there. Thats when they decided it was the rack. Now the steering is tighter but the wobble is still there. It feels like the right side drive train. It only happens when turning slightly.

Thats when they d*e*c*i*d*e*d* guessed it was the rack.
I fixed it for you

You mean the service writer guessed at a solution, it didn't work, but they charged you anyway. ALWAYS demand that they write your car's problem on the work order. If they don't fix the problem written on the work order, you don't pay. You didn't want a new steering rack. You wanted your problem fixed. After you pay, take a short test drive. If it doesn't work go right back in to the service desk and insist that the service manager join you and the service writer in the discussion of what they will do for you next. No fix, no pay. And, they didn't fix it.

It was fixed under a CPO warranty. they did not charge me for the rack. It was also at the direction of the Mazda Tech Line.

Back