Coding the Mazda CX-5

augerpro

:
none yet
Mom is probably getting the 2019 CX5. I'm wondering if there are any OBD devices that allow tweaks to different functions? For example, on my SQ5 I changed how the gear indicator was displayed, seat heating, signal flashes, permanent off for the Stop/Start, cool stuff like that.

You should google BimmerCode.....

There are features disabled (for NA market) in German cars.

Anti-Dazzle Headlights, disable Automatic Start/Stop default...etc

This...many cars can be coded by owners, mostly German manufacturers from my experience (VW, Audi and BMW). Many features are turned off for the North American market that can simply be activated. I coded my previous i3 and my current M2 (the second day I had it!)

This...many cars can be coded by owners, mostly German manufacturers from my experience (VW, Audi and BMW). Many features are turned off for the North American market that can simply be activated. I coded my previous i3 and my current M2 (the second day I had it!)

You have an M2?! Loved my M235xi...

You have an M2?! Loved my M235xi...

Yea, picked her up 2 months ago. It's primary reason I don't complain about the relative lack of power of the CX-5...lol
20180914-082827-3.jpg

I traded my M4 in for the all new X3.

I had all kinds of stuff coded.

Mom is probably getting the 2019 CX5. I'm wondering if there are any OBD devices that allow tweaks to different functions? For example, on my SQ5 I changed how the gear indicator was displayed, seat heating, signal flashes, permanent off for the Stop/Start, cool stuff like that.

Sorry, but definitely NO.

Unfortunately we don't have a RossTech, VAGCom like some others do. I sure miss being able to play with that but I still have it, just to help others.

I traded my last VAGCom, a 2015 VW, Tiguan, just a few weeks ago for the CX-5.

Last edited:
There is a MazdaTweaks website that offers software to tweak some infotainment functions. It may be severely limited in the 2019. All of the tweaks are cool,, but not always good. You can add a. compass and Speedo to the screen and then the voice guidance breaks up and sometimes can't speak for seconds, like a stutterer.

There are a few options in the Infosystem - for instance, lock/unlock doors in Park/at speed etc.

Back