Snorkelectomy

There is absolutely NO WAY installing a different (or no) air filter will affect mileage, with the single exception being that the added noise kept your foot off the throttle.

And you will not get any significant increase of power, with the exception of resonances in specific RPM ranges boosting output, while also decreasing output at most other RPM.

Thirty years ago, yeah, you could (and I did) get great increases in power output. That hasn't been true for at least 15 years. And no, your vendor-supplied dyno chart isn't proof. There's dozens of ways to 'help' a dyno run show more HP/T.

Sorry but you are wrong. I've raced another CX5 (BOTH 2018's) as I posted 3 out of 3 races and even giving him a jump my CX5 with a intake beat him, he's a friend of mine so it was all for fun. I even have a sunroof (weight) and he doesn't.

Please don't get upset and go off... it's just physical hard proof. I had RAM with a intake and yes I got better mileage using cruise,,, but I also loved the way it sounded when floored. And yes premium fuel makes a difference, just my 2cents. I drive a lot of highway very spiritedly and notice a difference. But it's my wasted money.:)

Back