Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snorkelectomy

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

Smart comments aside (looking at you Nelson ), I think you are going to find yourself a bit of a trailblazer on this topic. Hell, I experienced some hand wringing over changing spark plugs and transmission fluid. Thus I believe my original point stands that not many people are going to be modifying their air box so soon on a 2018 cx5. I will continue following to see what you might come up with! ; )

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

I have been eyeing this for months (as a browser tab that I never close): http://shop.mazmart.com/en/autoexe-f...guide-for-cx-5

As with many things, it's pricey for a piece of plastic. I need a 3D printer.

Registered Member

I wonder if critters can find their way up after you removed that mesh filter?

Registered Member

2013 CX-5 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post

via GIPHY

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    The Air Filter would block them. Said Mesh Filter sits like 1 inch above the air filter when the air box is closed.........assuming you even have the mesh filter

Quote Originally Posted by ruthrj18 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Then again critters find a way. Look at Jurassic Park LOL

Registered Member

2018 CX5

Quote Originally Posted by cx-500 View Post
    There is absolutely NO WAY installing a different (or no) air filter will affect mileage, with the single exception being that the added noise kept your foot off the throttle.

And you will not get any significant increase of power, with the exception of resonances in specific RPM ranges boosting output, while also decreasing output at most other RPM.

Thirty years ago, yeah, you could (and I did) get great increases in power output. That hasn't been true for at least 15 years. And no, your vendor-supplied dyno chart isn't proof. There's dozens of ways to 'help' a dyno run show more HP/T.
    Sorry but you are wrong. I've raced another CX5 (BOTH 2018's) as I posted 3 out of 3 races and even giving him a jump my CX5 with a intake beat him, he's a friend of mine so it was all for fun. I even have a sunroof (weight) and he doesn't.

2018 CX5

Please don't get upset and go off... it's just physical hard proof. I had RAM with a intake and yes I got better mileage using cruise,,, but I also loved the way it sounded when floored. And yes premium fuel makes a difference, just my 2cents. I drive a lot of highway very spiritedly and notice a difference. But it's my wasted money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12