Key Indicator Light

:
2017 CX-9 Touring
Today, I noticed that the green key indicator light started blinking green after shutting off the engine. I would guess it is telling me that my key battery is running low? I looked up the manual and couldn't find the info. The key battery is about 1.5 years old which would make sense to replace it. Has this occurred to any of you?

p. 3-4 of the manual:

Battery life is about one year. Replace the battery with a new one if the KEY indicator light (green) flashes in the instrument cluster (for vehicles with a type A instrument cluster (page 4-31), messages are displayed in the instrument cluster). Replacing the battery about once a year is recommended because the KEY warning light/indicator light may not illuminate or flash depending on the rate of battery depletion.

What battery do the fobs require? I think it would be good to purchase spares to keep in the glove box.

p. 3-4 of the manual:

Battery life is about one year. Replace the battery with a new one if the KEY indicator light (green) flashes in the instrument cluster (for vehicles with a type A instrument cluster (page 4-31), messages are displayed in the instrument cluster). Replacing the battery about once a year is recommended because the KEY warning light/indicator light may not illuminate or flash depending on the rate of battery depletion.

funny how people never think to look in their Owner's Manual isn't it?

That's what I figured about the battery in the fob.

I did read the manual, I must have missed the part of the manual... as quoted above. It doesn't hurt to ask the forum here... appreciate the help.

Latest posts

Back