2013 Mazda CX-5 Oil Leak

Meg99

:
Mazda CX-5
Hi!

I am in no way mechanically inclines but thought Id take a stab at asking in this thread for advice. Yesterday I noticed an oil odour coming from my car, some oil dropped on the ground.
Nothing major in terms of volume but enough to notice. While parked at work there was no oil droppings. I get out to get groceries and yet again theres a spill. I decided to crawl under the car to investigate and my findings were shocking

t0sq6s.jpg

Can someone tell me from this what my issue could be? Im covered on a bumper to bumper warranty for only another 5k kilometres. PS it would only let me upload one picture but I have more.
Thank you in advance,
Complete noob

Meg

Get it looked at.. could be a leak in the pan or a leak in the rear main seal.. meanwhile check your oil make sure its at an appropriate level

Yeah, add oil if you need to. But since you're still covered with bumper to bumper, just take it in now.

I work a difficult schedule, on the other side of the country than my warrenty office. Just worried as I need to use it often before being able to get in. Thanks for the advice

I work a difficult schedule, on the other side of the country than my warrenty office. Just worried as I need to use it often before being able to get in. Thanks for the advice

I'm confused. Do you have to take it to a specific dealer in Canada, or is there a dealer closer to you? Here in the US you can have warranty work done at any Mazda dealer.

Bought this used so it*s a 3rd party warranty company.
Have to call to get an authorized repair shop first.
Time zones :(

Did you have your oil changed recently? The last time I did, the shop didn*t tighten the drain plug properly and I had a leak.

Did you have your oil changed recently? The last time I did, the shop didn*t tighten the drain plug properly and I had a leak.
My thoughts, too, or an oil filter. Looks like a pretty dramatic leak, or did some one just add oil?

Check with a Mazda dealer and see if your 2013 CX-5 still has 5-years / 100,000-km powertrain warranty left if the original owner bought it in late 2013. If it's covered, the repair, if needed, will be much easier and better than going through a third party warranty.

Back