Door mirror adjustment

:
Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav auto 175
I can't get my electric mirror to adjust outwards enough - the maximum travel leaves me with a view half full of the car! So far as I can tell the glass is correctly fitted. Any ideas? Folding works fine.

I can't get my electric mirror to adjust outwards enough - the maximum travel leaves me with a view half full of the car! So far as I can tell the glass is correctly fitted. Any ideas? Folding works fine.

The Mirror folds both ways...

Fold the mirror outwards by hand towards the fender, until the mirror snaps into the notch/detent between the FOLD OUT/FOLD IN positions.

Looks like there's an issue with the mirror mechanism (not mirror fold mechanism).

I suggest getting it looked at

If you find that the mirror head has not been folded back using its stow away postion, try forcing the glass to move with your thumb.

Push on the outside of the mirror forward and you will hear it click or ratchet. See if that helps.

If you find that the mirror head has not been folded back using its stow away postion, try forcing the glass to move with your thumb.

Push on the outside of the mirror forward and you will hear it click or ratchet. See if that helps.

I agree, this has worked on my 4Runner...someone or something may have forced the glass portion of the mirror away from it's factory set location. I would try this before going to the dealer as I dread leaving any car of mine at the dealer!!

The glass adjustment motor has a ratchet like mechanism. Push on the mirror to change the index position. Snap, snap, snap.

The glass adjustment motor has a ratchet like mechanism. Push on the mirror to change the index position. Snap, snap, snap. Easy-Peasy.

Back